Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep sight movement? >

Peep sight movement?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep sight movement?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep sight movement?

Is this the proper way to have a "tubeless" peep sight installed?

I can move my peep sight up and down my string by lightly pushing it. I didn't think that you should be able to move it at all.

P.S. My local"Pro-shop" installed it. []

Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep sight movement?

TTT
Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I"serve" it on both ends of the split also and then slide the "serving" down to tighten the gap around the peep. The peep should not be able to slide up and down at all.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I"serve" it on both ends of the split also and then slide the "serving" down to tighten the gap around the peep. The peep should not be able to slide up and down at all.
Ditto.

I've never seen it done that way before. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks OK except that it's in backwards. I assume you have some string rotation and have it set to roll around on the draw. As mentioned, you should serve above and below it to minimize movement, but I don't. However, being as it's a Meta Peep don't serve it too close to the peep. Some guys have reported that if too close it causes the peep to become oval shaped, especially the one with the larger hole.

As I said, I never serve mine in anymore. I have enough twists in my string that it can't move. Doing this might also stabilize the string and keep it from rotating. Just a hint.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 AM

Ditto to what they said

Serving above and below it
Old 04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

You should serveabove and below your peep, as many have said.
That peep is in backwards or you have some serious string rotation going on, whichneeds toalso be corrected.
Is that a new string, or is it just the first time you have used a tubeless peep on that bow?

Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

My string is rotating about 90 degrees to the right (I'm left-handed) and I am having difficulty getting it square. I've got approx. 300 shots on the string. Any suggestions?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who made the string. IMO and from experience I'd say it doesn't have enough twists in it. Most of the better ones I've seen have a complete twist in 1 1/2" of string length..

Try checking the bow's axle to axle length and compare to specs. If it's long then you may be able to add about ten twists to the string. This might help stabilize it and get rid of the peep rotation. The twisting will make the draw a hair shorter and drop the poundage a little. To remedy this you add a few twists to the cables.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Who made the string. IMO and from experience I'd say it doesn't have enough twists in it. Most of the better ones I've seen have a complete twist in 1 1/2" of string length..

Try checking the bow's axle to axle length and compare to specs. If it's long then you may be able to add about ten twists to the string. This might help stabilize it and get rid of the peep rotation. The twisting will make the draw a hair shorter and drop the poundage a little. To remedy this you add a few twists to the cables.
My bow is a Parker Ultra Lite 31.
The bow string is: Winner's Choice 84 3/16 BCY8125 & XS Braid Center serving.

I measured the axle to axle length and came up with 31 1/8.

When I pull back my bow, the peep sight doesn't move at all. It has no twist to it. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Quick Reply: Peep sight movement?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.