Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

buying arrows

Old 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Default buying arrows

I recently purchessed a dozen arrows from a local bow shop and had them fleched there. I was told they would be done in three day. Twice I went there and they were not finished, It took a week and they had them in stock when I purchessed them. What made me even more upset was they didnt have any arrows being fleched either time I went in. When I got them I didnt really look them over till I went to shoot them thenext day, one vain fell of to different arrows the first shot I fired. Three of the arrows had one vain almost an inch lower than the rest of the vain's, and almost all of them had glue smeared everywhere. I brought them back and the owner offered to redo them but said nothing else about it. Im just wondering if anyone else has been through this and would maybe wanna vent. It makes me wanna totaly stop going to small town shops even though I used to really wanna support them.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: buying arrows

don't name any names but where was this shop?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 PM

I would rather not say at this time. Ill wait till I pick them up and see how they look. I dont wanna slam them but sometimes it seems like the small town shops forget there a business and not everyone is there buddy. Just the way they acted about it made me feel like it was no big deal. Customer service should be first priority and putting out a good product.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Its not just small town shops, Its almost every business you deal with these days. Somewhere the Customer got lost and it all became bottom line. I dont know how you fix it except for voice your opinion really loud, after you get your arrows back of course. I will drive out of my way and pay more for products all for good service, just the way I am. Hopefully these guys start to figure it out, but I wont hold my breath. Good Luck.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a similar encounter this past winter. I went in the night before to get some arrows fletched. I told the guy i wanted blazers and he said he would fletch them the next morning. I go to pick them up and they are fletched with 4" vanes. So i waiting there longer for him to refletch them. Well i finally get them home and i start shooting and they were flying really bad. My other arrows were flying perfect and these weren't even close. On top of that every 5th shot a vane would fly off. And on top on that the inserts were coming out of the the end when i pulled them out of the target. I go back to him and he refletched them but he made me pay for the inserts and it wasen't even my fault. So i don't go to that shop anymore.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 AM

It makes me wanna not use this shop ever again. Which sucks cause its close to me. If the arrows are not perfect this time I think Im going to ask for my money back. What do you think the chance is that Ill get my money back?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is one of the reasons I buy bare shafts and make my own arrows.

That way if they are screwed up I dont have anyone to blame but me

It's not hard to do all you need is a fletcher and arrow saw, it will cost you some to start with but as the years go by all that money you was paying for someone to do it for you will be in your pocket and you will have the satisfaction of saying these are arrows I made
Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

If the arrows are not perfect this time I think Im going to ask for my money back. What do you think the chance is that Ill get my money back?
You've shot them. That combined with what else you've said about the shop would lead me to think the chances of getting your money back would be somewhere between none and none. [&:]
Old 04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

This is one of the reasons I buy bare shafts and make my own arrows.

That way if they are screwed up I dont have anyone to blame but me

It's not hard to do all you need is a fletcher and arrow saw, it will cost you some to start with but as the years go by all that money you was paying for someone to do it for you will be in your pocket and you will have the satisfaction of saying these are arrows I made
Ditto.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Host of Hosts

1 inch difference??? That's incredible! I think that shop would lose my business. If he messes up arrows that bad what would he do to your bow?

Yikes! [&:]

Quick Reply: buying arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.