Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? on New Bowtech General F.P.S. >

? on New Bowtech General F.P.S.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? on New Bowtech General F.P.S.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:05 PM

Default RE: ? on New Bowtech General F.P.S.

if you shoot the 101, it may be alittle long you will get the speed you arelooking for with a bow that is sweet to shoot, just a another great bow from bowtech
Old 04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to run to a Bowtech shop, and test shoot several. I'm sure I'll fall in love with everyone, hahaha! Far as the 101st, that was the bow I liked for its specs, but I won't sacrafice my draw length for any bow. So I'll see where the shortest draw on the 101st fits on me, but if its beyond my normal anchor spot, I won't consider it.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah dont do something thats not comfortable. all of the BT bows you will like i believe. the guardian, as others said is a great shooter with a little more speed and ata than the general.
btw, have you shot the dxt by matthews. it was my second choice under the general. it felt great adn its fast. its very short and smooth. and i never thought i would almost buy a matthews adn when i shot that bow i was stunned. it was pretty much set in stone that was what i was going to buy. i almost didnt shoot the general b/c it was about a 45 minute drive away. im sure glad i made that drive though!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will not beat the smoothness and the quietness of the General! Not the fastest bow but you can crank it up a bit shoot a lighter arrow get down around 350 or 340 and you will be around 270!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have to say this.
I am a speed junkie, but Speed does not matter when the bow is so quite that you can shoot a deer and not spook the other three that walked in with it.
i shot a deer this year, 35 yards, 265 fps. The arrow went through the lungs through the back shoulder and out, i found it about 20 yards further.
so speed, not so important.
I have never shot a bow that was a smooth as the guardian or the general. they are simply in a leauge of thier own.