Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 follow through?? *** new video*** >

follow through?? *** new video***

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

follow through?? *** new video***

Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 PM

Default RE: follow through?? *** new video***

i havnt had target panick before with my wrist strap release.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

And I hope you never do,it is definately no fun.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 AM

^ TFOX does the new video look any better, to what they were trying to help me do???
Old 04-06-2008, 08:11 AM

Ok i know i am supposed to keep my pin on the target the whole time, but my grip is so loose that when i pull my release trigger my bow just starts to fall in my hand. what am i doing wrong here???? Please help!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:34 AM

Nothing. That's how its supposed to be. That's why most shooters use some sort of sling around their bow wrist - to keep it from hitting the ground - although in my case, its mostly psychological. I just need to know it won't hit the ground.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:44 AM

ok, so i know that i am doing that right, should my release move back like in the video??? because if so i am NOW doing it right, but i will post another video later if i have time (my nephews birhtday is today) and i will let you guys tell me if its alright.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:48 PM

Yes - at the shot, the release should come back past your ear and the bow should fall away somewhat. The key here is that you really shouldn't be aware of these things at all - and particularly should not be doing anything consciously to make them happen. Just put the pin on the spot where you want the arrow to hit, squeeze the release and let bow fire the arrowas mostly a surprise - try to continue to keep the pin on the spot as the arrow is flying through the air.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Miller sorry it took soo long to get back, the fish were biting
Ok its hard to explain this online but I'll try my best.This is after you learn how to shoot any release properly and why all your practice ofthe release should be with your eyes closed.first off I have to disagree on the holding the pin on the spot, no offense roscoe,after you set the pin on the spot the first time you should then forget about it, sounds crazy I know but thats how it works! Ever see someone shooting a plain lense w/ no dot/pin or a Tru spot lense also no dot or a brass ring? It helps by not chasing that pin around and trying to hold it steady, you won't. Some top archers actually prefer a large "float" while others like a smaller float. Float is the movement of the pin, after you use it to get on target you then just stare at your spot till the shot is finished. My wife likes a large float, says her pin often makes it to the 4 on a blue face target BUT she still shoots mid 50 x's on that target. If a shooter looses focus on the spot and notices something else like their pin, they usually let down.

Ok here what you should try so you feel a surprise release.

Release setup
[ol][*]shorten release so trigger finger is able to point straight down when put to trigger, if it feels to short its probably perfect.[*]learn to preload trigger, this means see how much tension you can get away with (on atarget) before your trigger goes off, when you feel you know how much you can put onto it, learnto preload without making itgo off and keep your finger there! DON'T SHOOT YET read target setup then firstshot.[/ol]

Target setup
[ol][*]set target up so you are shooting into it level[*]stand just far enough for your arrow to clear the bow into target 4-5 feet[/ol]

First Shot
[ol][*]eyes closed(entire time)come to full draw[*]preload trigger[*]keephand relaxed with pressure (preload) on trigger and move your elbow back, like you are still trying to draw your bow back farther than thedrawstop (pull threw).[*]let it happen.[/ol]
video it and lets go from there
Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM

I think i have it down, but i dont have time to video it just yet, maybe tonite, if not i will have it done but tommorow.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cut some off your whiskers, make them about the size of a half dollar. They will almost make a round ball on your string and you'll like that better.

Quick Reply: follow through?? *** new video***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.