Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String Silencers >

String Silencers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Silencers

Old 03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default String Silencers

I just bought a pack of String leeches last week and 3 of them have ripped off all ready. I've taken maybe 50 shots with them. I'm wondering if any of you have had the same experience with the leeches? Are there any fixes for that? What opinions do you have of other brands like bowjax? I'm half tempted to go back to old faithful...whiskers.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: String Silencers

You will have more of a problem keeping string silencers on your string with a string suppressor. I have used Sims, BowJax String jax, Catwhiskers, and several others. My favorite are the Ultra II String Jax. Very little speed lose, great job of noise reduction, and they have been very durable as well. They are available in Black, Brown, Olive, & Clear.

Dan
Old 03-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Just use them for sighting in for broadheads and while hunting?????
Old 03-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I have some jax on mine right now, and I'm not that impressed with them. The improved version of the String Leech is more tear resistant, is that what you have on, or the older version?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same results with the older Leeches. They didn't last more than a few weeks. I've been using the old faithful Whiskers ever since. Theywork and they last forever.

... Shockwave
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM

Stick with the cat whiskers.What I have found is that if yiu take and double the cat whiskers,it gives you a tighter "ball",with basically no speed loss.I trim them to the size of a walnut...Bob
Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
N2D

I took off the leeches on one of my bows and put the ole catwhiskers on just to see. The bow is quieter than before. It's nice to know that some of the old tried and proven products are still availabe and inexpensive. I have not tried the Ultra II that Meanv talks about.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are they tied in good???
Old 03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had it happen to me. I love string leeches and think theyre the best string silencer you can buy.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Never had it happen to me. I love string leeches and think theyre the best string silencer you can buy.
You've obviously never used "Bear Puffs!!!" Bear Puffs have got to be the best I've ever used, and I'm considering going back 15 yrs in time and putting some on my NEW bow. Heck, I've even considered "Beaver Balls," that'd catch some eyes!!!

Quick Reply: String Silencers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.