HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   How do you guys like.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/237898-how-do-you-guys-like.html)

Vabowman 03-18-2008 06:05 AM

How do you guys like..

the MX 3 or 4's compared to regular Muzzy 3 or 4 blades??

Gundeck 03-18-2008 08:34 AM

RE: How do you guys like..

What is wrong with the regular Muzzys? :D

Vabowman 03-18-2008 01:26 PM

nothing, all this talk about 6" swaths cut by Rage heads makes me want to shoot a wider cut....:D

millerhunter13 03-18-2008 01:38 PM

I shoot reg. muzzy 3 blades.

MeanV2 03-18-2008 02:02 PM

I've always preferred 4 blades. They cut more. No 2 ways about it. I have had good results with several 4 bladed heads. Even one of my favorite mechanicals back in the day was a 4 blade. I doubt you will find much difference in the cutting of the longer versus shorter broadheads. The longer design might have an edge in penetration, and the shorter should have a slight edge in flight out of less than perfect setups.

Dan

Greg / MO 03-18-2008 02:04 PM

I just got in $250 worth of MX-3's if that tells you anything ;)

WesternMdHardwoods 03-18-2008 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I just got in $250 worth of MX-3's if that tells you anything ;)

Haha Greg 50 broadheads?????? You plan on shooting a lot this year I take it?? Thats something I have never heard and will probably never hear someone say agin...."I just bought $250 worth of broadheads"!!

To answer the question of the thread......... I used to hunt with only 4-blade 90grn standard Muzzy and had no complaints, but I have since switched to 100grn Mag Slick Tricks and REALLY like the design of the shorter, wider cut design! I am realy looking forward to slick tricks new Grizztrick 1 1/4'' cut....!

I will say one thing though, I have only shot one deer with a slick trick and it left a much better trail then my muzzys ever did???????????? Was it the shorter design?? Wider cut????? Just one of those freak things????? I really dont know, I just know I was impressed!! I definantely wouldnt have any complaints switching back to Muzzys but if I would it would be the MX-4!! Just because of the design!

Vabowman 03-18-2008 02:56 PM

hardwoods, I have shot 90 gr Muzzy 4 blade for the past 10 yrs and I have no complaints either, I just want to know if the MX are any better than the original?

WesternMdHardwoods 03-18-2008 03:03 PM

Vabow~~ Theres only one real way to find out;)!!

Vabowman 03-18-2008 03:14 PM

well, I know what Muzzy can do, especially the original, I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. going to go with the old 4 blade 100 gr this year.