Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Grim Reaper Broadheads??? >

Grim Reaper Broadheads???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Grim Reaper Broadheads???

Old 03-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Default Grim Reaper Broadheads???

How are these Broadheads. it would be nice if you told me yourlikes and dislikes, And flaws if any. And would they be good for turkeys? Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Grim Reaper Broadheads???

I bought them on the recommendation of the shop's owner. Can't tell you anything yet as I haven't had a chance to shoot something. I don't use them for target practice. I shot only once at the target and it hit the same as the target arrows. I did destroy that one trying to pull it out of the target.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do think the Grim Reapers are a good Mechanical for body shoots on Turkeys. I'll be using the NAP Gobbler Getters. The new Magnus Bullheads would be a couple of heads to look at also.

Dan
Old 03-30-2008, 01:45 AM

I am shooting Grim reapers and LOVE THEM! cant say i have droped any stags with them (yet) but have 2 kangeroos and a lot of wallabys and must say thay go down REALL quick. i shot fixed blaid befor the Grim reapers and will never go back. Sighted in with 85g 3d target points my 85g grim reapers go exactly where the target points go. you might also want to check out the NAP spitfires havent shot them but aparently very good aswell
Old 03-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

I say one of the toughest mechanical head out on the market right now. Last season, I shot a does at 15 yards, pass through and she went 25 yards and tipped over. Lots of blood from where I shot her till she drop. I'll be using them again. Some of my friends have been using them for turkeys for a couple years now and they work awsome. They use the 1 3/4" and it makes some big hole on them toms.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting them for 6 years now. I have not had a deer go out of sight with them. Great penetration and great blood. I switched one time in the past 6 years and lost my first deer ever. Bad shot, maybe?
I will continue to use them and will be using them for birds this year as well.

Their Hades, fixed blade are also pretty awesome. No personal experience with them, but, great reports from guys that do.