Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick Tricks

Old 03-12-2008, 06:34 PM

Default Slick Tricks

I got a couple packages of Slick Trick 100 gr. Magnums recently. Out of my primary hunting bow, it prints field points, G5 Montecs, and Rage practice head all within a golf ball at 20 yards. Do I really need to shoot one of the Slick Tricks to see how it flys? They don't give you a practice head and I'd rather not get them dull in the broadhead target.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks

I would, but that's just me. I always test every arrow/broadhead combo in my quiver and then sharpen them or replace the blades. I never go into the woods thinking my arrow will go where I want it to, I know it will.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shooteach headjust once. It won't dull the blades in a foam target enough to matter. They will still shave hair. It usually takes me about 4 or 5 shots into a foam target to get them dull enough to be unhuntable.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 PM

You know, the politically correct answer is yes. Shoot them just to be sure. BUT, I can tell you they will fly perfectly fine.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Yes. Just so you are confident with them. Nothing worse than having that question in the back of your head when bowhunting.

Just get some replacement blades or sharpen them when you are done practicing. I have some damaged blades that I keep for practice and shoot them fairly often for piece of mind.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

To me the smart thing to do would be shoot all of them and number the arrow/broadhead combinations as your best to worst and put them that way in your quiver. I hear the slick tricks are easy to resharpen after shooting a foam target.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

You wont have a problem with the slick tricks staying sharp so shoot away.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:17 AM
N2D

ORIGINAL: johnnydialtone

Yes. Just so you are confident with them. Nothing worse than having that question in the back of your head when bowhunting.

Just get some replacement blades or sharpen them when you are done practicing. I have some damaged blades that I keep for practice and shoot them fairly often for piece of mind.
Roskoe, I agree 100% with Johnnyd on this one. This is exactly what I do. The first few ST's I purchased I shot as is just to see. Then I kept those blades to test any new ST's with. These heads are top notch. The only down side to them, just as with any four blade head, is they are rough on targets and more difficult to remove from targets. But they shoot so darn good there is no reason for me to shoot them any more than once each.

Ed
Old 03-14-2008, 05:05 AM

Let me see if I understand this line of thinking.You spend $1000.00-$1500.00 on the bow and the set-up,wait all year for hunting season,with the scouting,planning,checking out new property(s)and staying in practice,shooting a couple of times a week.Not to mention the time involved that it takes to do all this.Then,one of the most important parts of the whole set-up,your broadhead,You are worried about expense of dulling your Slick Trick?I buy mine for $24.00 for a pack of 3,buy an extra pack and use them for practice,and forget about "wondering" how they shoot.
Even if you did'nt buy a new bow,and you don't have to scout,plan,or practice,you owe it to the anminal...Bob
Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

You know, the politically correct answer is yes. Shoot them just to be sure. BUT, I can tell you they will fly perfectly fine.
Good Answer!

Dan

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.