Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

slow down?

Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 PM

Default RE: slow down?

or you could read the fourth post and get the same info as above there meanvf2.
you know on second thought never mind....
after reading a few of the post lately i am sort of thinking that you guys are sort of looking for something to b.... about instead of trying to help.
if you aint got anything useful to say just shut up....
i was really looiking for some input but really just never mind...

Old 03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Wyliescrib, i ran your numbers through OT2 and the 5575's showed weak spine at the specs you gave. Of course the 7595's showed overspine at the same specs. I was wondering if you could cut the 5775's shorter to 28 inches and still be safe as at this length the spine showed good. You mentioned that the arrows were kind of corkscrewing so I am thinking that you may need to do a little work on your bow yet. Very possibly your nock may be a little high and your arrow rest may need to be adjusted in or out a little more for fine tuning. Did your field points also do this cork screwing after you did the adjustments on your bow.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Plus,shooting off the string without a d-loop will make your arrows react weak.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:10 PM

SAY TFOX

WHAT ARE ELIMINATOR BUTTONS?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

We used to call them Rubber ducks. They are a small rubber button about half the size of a pea with a hole through it for your bowstring to go through. If you don't use a loop, then they slide up the string against your arrow nock, and you clip on your release underneath it.

Dan
Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

We used to call them Rubber ducks. They are a small rubber button about half the size of a pea with a hole through it for your bowstring to go through. If you don't use a loop, then they slide up the string against your arrow nock, and you clip on your release underneath it.

Dan
What he said.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: wyliescrib

or you could read the fourth post and get the same info as above there meanvf2.
you know on second thought never mind....
after reading a few of the post lately i am sort of thinking that you guys are sort of looking for something to b.... about instead of trying to help.
if you aint got anything useful to say just shut up....
i was really looiking for some input but really just never mind...
Wow, thats a great way to get help. All we wanted to know was what your set up was and what you have done to it. It's sort of hard to diagnose shooting problems over the internet without good information. If you want to get all pissy about it take it to a shop and let them fix it, Oh wait you did that and it still shoots wrong?

There is nothing worse than trying to help someone, spending hours looking stuff up, running numbers and trying to guess what might be wrong, then they don't appreciate any of it or don't listen anyway. Or in your case whine about it.

It's not uncommon for people to switch from aluminums to carbons and not bother adjusting the rest or nocking point when you need to because in most cases the diameter of the arrow changed, among other things.

Sounds to me like you should have just left things alone. You went from shooting a fairly forgiving set up with good arrows to shooting without a string loop and using cheap crappy carbon arrows with big ass fixed blade heads. Without actually seeing your set up and looking at it, and watching you shoot there isn't much we can do but sit around make guesses. Go back to the shop that sold you the arrows and set it up and have them help you. Maybe they won't charge you to do it?

That's about as honest and helpful as I can get for you.

Maybe you just don't shoot well enough to use that set up?

By the way I know of several other decent archery sites you can go to instead of this one if you don't like the help you get. If you want I can list them for you. Or you could just use a search engine. All the info we are giving you is already on the net anyway if you would take the time to look it up.

Paul
Old 03-11-2008, 07:13 PM

there is nothing to say except thanks for the help "guys"......