Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what are the best hunting arrows?[affordable] >

what are the best hunting arrows?[affordable]

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what are the best hunting arrows?[affordable]

Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what are the best hunting arrows?[affordable]

I'm shooting Easton Exels for hunting this year. They are pretty good and affortable. http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/product/16
Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Problem with wanting a hunting arrow is that you shoot them99.9% of thetime into a target where you try and hit spot on. Gets kind of frustrating when that doesn't happen and it most likely wont with the "affordable" arrow. You can get one to do it and maybe 2, but they're just not consistant enough. Once you do find 2 your back to one. Don't get me wrong there tight, just not real tight,not tight enough that you can tell if it's you or them.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

aluminum game getters, just can't beat the specs for the price, or the quality. Not to mention they have waay more spine options and have better weight for hunting.

Can you tell I like aluminum arrows?

Paul

I know you like aluminum but you also like Nitro Stingers and if you had 100 bucks to spend,which would you get?

Nitro Stingers would be an excellent choice for a hunting arrow under a 100 bucks.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:51 PM

thanks guys ..

im doin lots of research on reviews and theres lots of arrows so itll take me a while but ill find out what i want
Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

Beman ICS Hunters are great arrow for hunting and you can't beat the price.
Actually, YOU CAN!!!!

As was said on PAGE #1, Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extremes are basically a Beman ICS Hunter for about $15 less per dozen. I've been shooting them for the past 3 seasons, and they ARE the best arrow for the money I've found. Better than Gold Tips, Radial Weaves, or the CX Maximas that I've shot, IMVHO!!!

Fletched: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424-cat20061_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat20061&nav Action=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&p arentType=index&parentId=cat20061&id=00045 37

or Bare: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0004570414246a&navCount=3&podI d=0004570&parentId=cat20061&masterpathid=& amp;navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21424-cat20061&catalogCode=QW&rid=&parentTyp e=index&indexId=cat20061&hasJS=true

They are an excellent arrow at an EXCELLENT price!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 AM

seems like a good arrow oh bowhunter
Old 03-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: the kidd

Brandon,
If you call a "RETAIL STORE," they'll cut 'em, square 'em, and send them too you, and sometimes you save over the website prices. That's how I got my last couple dozen.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: the kidd

Brandon,
If you call a "RETAIL STORE," they'll cut 'em, square 'em, and send them too you, and sometimes you save over the website prices. That's how I got my last couple dozen.
They are good for the price, but I did have one that broke weird and I don't think it was anything more than hitting the bag target that did it. I've broken bemans, this was different. And again they aren'treal consistantconsistant, good, just not that good.

You can try different arrows by finding forums with gear for sale, like this one at a reasonable price. You often can buy the amount you want.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 AM

You right Tfox, and I almost mentioned them. The difference is you can get game getters almost anywhere and the Nitros are sort of hard to find. They also have that weak nock issue. They are my favorite hunting arrow though.

Last I checked they are near 100 bucks a dozen though.

Paul
Old 03-08-2008, 09:16 AM

Is there something wrong with the Beman ICS in your signature?
Too heavy, too light, just want a change and have something "new"? Possible selections could be narrowed down if your preferences were made known.

Quick Reply: what are the best hunting arrows?[affordable]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.