Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Brand Newbie Question: Lt hand shooting Rt hand bow >

Brand Newbie Question: Lt hand shooting Rt hand bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Brand Newbie Question: Lt hand shooting Rt hand bow

Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Brand Newbie Question: Lt hand shooting Rt hand bow

Parkerbuckhunter,

Thanks for the relpy.....that is what I was asking about.

Is there any way to setup a right-handed bow so a lefty could shoot it as a lefty would a left-handed bow??

Thanks,

Scott
Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

If you are worried about not committed to archery, why not just shoot right hand with both eyes open? It will takes some time to get use to, but it's much easier than using a right-hand bow and shooting left-handed. I have right-eye dominant and I shoot right-hand bow now. I could have tried shooting with both eyes open, but I started out right-hand anyway. Besides, even though I am lefty, I always shoot riffle right-handed.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 AM

Thanks for the advise YAJSAB. The thing is, I can barely see out of my right eye. So that basically takes my right eye out of the game.

Is it possible to shoot the right-handed bow the correct way for a righty, but using my left eye with the sights?? Wouldit work if I just kinked my neck a bit?? I would check myself, but I don't have a bow.

I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get a LH bow, but I'm still curious if I could shoot a RH bow any of the ways I mentioned.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

Scott

Old 03-09-2008, 07:41 PM

I am left eye dominant anddraw mybows right, rifles I shoot left. As long as my left eyeor dominant eye is closed there is no problem.Or the only problem isthat sometimesit is harder to follow the arrow to point of impact, the peeporpins somtimes get in the way. IMHO shoot the way that is most comfortable to you, thats why they make left and right handed bows.