Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 looking into buying a fletching jig.. >

looking into buying a fletching jig..

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

looking into buying a fletching jig..

Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: looking into buying a fletching jig..

Been using a bpe for years, it's done the job. The all metal bitz, *metal* is better. I haven't had a problem keeping the glue off my non metal jig though.

I have the straight and right clamp. I've done both and see no difference in either except that contact issues are more prone to happen with an off set. I do all straight now. Some think/need the off set to make the arrow spin more in flight and it supposedly causes the group to be better.

I see the bitz is a good blazer jig if your into them.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM

come on guys........i only got like 8 replies..
Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 AM

Bohning Jig

$30, super easy to use.

Just bought a bitz, and I've fletched arrows for quite a while, and I still can't use it very well yet.

Bitz is definately more well made and would last longer, but i've used the bohning for 2 years, but it's about on it's leg.

bitz is the better jig, but i'd highly recommend starting off with the bohning. hope this helps.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM

another question guys...thought i would ask it instead of posting another thread..

what do yall remove yalls fletching with...?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 PM

also what kind of glues would i need for carbon arrows.>
Old 03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The best...in my opinion is the Bitzenberger, hands down.

Ditto.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

I bought the JoJan. I like it well enough, but it had to be fitted to provide a fairly precise fit. I wish it were tighter out of the box. It seems like the magnet type would provide a more exact position to the jig. Still, I can make good arrows with this. Quality fletching can be done with this jig.

If I were to do it again, I think I might look at some of the plastic fletchers. The trouble is some have a reputation for the magnet being too weak. Not sure which is best.

I hear the Bitz is best. Probably is, but it's expensive.

The JoJan mono seems to be a good compromise.

I would reccomend a single vane fletcher. With super glue, drying time is just a few minutes between vanes, only a few seconds of working time.

BTW. . Super glue and many super duper fast set fletching glues are the same, except price! Also $3 5 min epoxy works well on inserts. That tip is worth afew bucks. Might allow you to bump up to the JoJan or the Bitz.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:26 PM

I use loctite suger glue gel to put on my fletchings (someone please tell me if I am wrong for doing this) and it seems to work fine...Ive never had any problems with it

I remove my fletchings with a plain ole razor blade...there are tools out there made specifically for this job but they can be expensive and the razor blade works just fine...just take you time and make sure you do it right
Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Martin fletching jig. Works great and was about half the price of the bitz.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

And I use the fletch tite platinum fletching glue by bohning. Works very well but make sure it dries properly and the it isn't too humid or else after a few shots you vanes will fly off your arrow. I also recomend sanding your shafts down with a very soft sand paper and then clean it with denatured alcohool. That is what I do and I haven't had any vanes fly off.

EDIT: When putting in your inserts I recomend heating up your insert with a propane torch and take a glue stick and melt some glue on the tip. Then if you need your insert just reheat you field tip and pull out your insert.

Quick Reply: looking into buying a fletching jig..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.