Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Releases, gloves or tabs? >

Releases, gloves or tabs?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Releases, gloves or tabs?

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Default Releases, gloves or tabs?

I have a problem. I do not like to shoot with a release because it is not the way that I learned. I tried and it drives me up the wall having something around my wrist. I learned with just my fingers. No glove or tab and I was shooting an old Hoyt Medalist set at #50 draw weight, so my fingers worked fine. I recently upgraded to the Diamond Marquis and set it to #70 draw weight and have found that just using my finger becomes very uncomfortable after 20 shots. I tried gloves, but I shoot with only two fingers not three so that did not work. I then modified the glove by taking a scissors and removing the bottom finger. The glove was much more comfortable, but it still did not extend the amount of time time I could shoot before my fingers hurt again. Only 40 shots. Plus, the glove made my hand sweat. I am considering using a tab, but I do not know much about them. Do you think that will be the solution to my problem, or will I just have to suck it up and get used to a release?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Releases, gloves or tabs?

the short ata length bows now days they are almost not acceptable of shooting them other then with releases,using any thing other than a release makes them terribly slow,and unconsistant,i shot with fingers till 1998 i started bow hunting 1982 with a bear whitetail than ,than in 1992 i bought a xi legend magnum,then in 1998 i took the xi in and had alot of custom work done to it to get more speed,took off the original cam put on a pair of pse cams and so on ,went to lighter arrows and went to a release i was hitting 289 fps with it is was amazing a screaming bow ,nowa month ago i bought a 07 bowtech guardian there is no way i could ever shoot this bow with fingers tolerances are just to close