Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 feathers/blazers/vanes >

feathers/blazers/vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

feathers/blazers/vanes

Old 02-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Default RE: feathers/blazers/vanes

You might want to PM one of these guys.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2185948

Old 02-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

blazers are stiffer and wider than a traditional vane. Would I be right in assuming that the blazer is hitting the grove on the rest?I can see why with that rest you are having issues if it's set-up like the one in the picture. You'll have to set the arm up so that it drops further down if yours is set up like the one in the picture. Raise the support arm that mounts to the bow up and rotate the pivot arm down so that it is parallel with the riser at rest and I'dhazard a guessthat fixes the problem.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 PM

I have moved the rest until the support arms are completely vertical. There is still fletching contact on the support arms when it falls. I can not make thesupport armsanymore vertical. I cannot adjust drop speed.

All I know is, the bow shoots great w/ 4" vanes, and stupid me just HAD to try blazers, I should know that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When I was shooting my other arrows (before the new string) which was like 2 weeks ago, it was beautifully tuned. I walkback, paper and bare shaft tuned that baby. It ran like a swiss watch. It was a well tuned machine.

Now I can't help but get fletching contact. I'm not saying they will or won't work with my rest. All I know is I don't like them now, their taller profile looks like it would hit to the naked eye anyway. I'm changing if for no better reason than a personal lack of faith in them, and that's the only reason I need.

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Did you try to rotate the arms down to make a shallow V? This would give you more clearance. Also you mentioned that you got a new string. Did the problem start right after you replaced the string?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:38 PM

problem started as soon as I replaced the string, but I also never shot blazers before I got my new string either (I bought some CE Maxima 350's on impulse, they had blazers on them). I am not sure what you mean by a narrow v, but I did adjust the arms so that they were "flat" you could say, I don't know how to explain what I did to them. Made the V wider I guess, not more narrow. So maybe I should try it the other way around?
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dave_G

How is it that Blazers won't clear your rest, but yet 4" vanes will? What sort of rest are you using?
Blazers are high profile. Try some duravane 3d's. The black is sweet.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had no trouble shooting Blazers from a Quiktune 2000.

Are you sure it's not hitting the black cord that attaches to the cable slide? The directions tell you to bend the cord so that it is crimped away from the path of the arrow. This fixed my problem.

Also, do you have the cord length properly adjusted, so that the rest rises in the last inch or so of the draw cycle? The later the rest rises when drawing the bow, the earlier it will drop when the bow is fired. Double check that.

Have you done a powder test to see exactly where the contact is? Have you tried rotating your nocks (try cock vane up, down, sideways, etc.)

If these things don't fix it, then I'd bet your strings have something to do with it. Did your nocking point change? Try raising your nocking point in 1/16" increments.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:07 PM

yeah, it's clearly hitting the support arms, not the cable. and yes, it rises late in the draw cycle, maybe not the last inch, but last little bit. it's never been an issue before.

I don't see how the string could affect it. I do if it was made wrong, but it's a winner choice, and I have to think it was made to spec?

I dunno, just frustrated, I think feathers are my next choice, lol. down with blazers
Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sngehl01

I don't see how the string could affect it.
If the number of twists was off it could effect draw length which can affect cam timing and cause unevennock travel. Even if the string was made exactly to spec, it could have stretched (not likely with WC) or it could have been twisted/untwisted while installing it on the bow.

If the string was the culprit, you would see it in the nocking point. Has the position of the nocking point changed? You may have to move it a tad higher. And definitely shoot blazers shoot cock vane up.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 AM

Blazers are .6" high, while 4" vanes are .5" tall. I'd think you could adjust your rest to accommodate the 1/10" difference.

Quick Reply: feathers/blazers/vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.