Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 STS on the General >

STS on the General

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS on the General

Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default STS on the General

MeanV, clean up your PM box !!!

I outshot a fellow bowtech shooter at the range tonight, Vegas rounds at 18 yards.
I shot a 271 ( 9's all the way, five x's and four 8's )
The guy with the General blamed his misses on the sts rubber V shape, he said sometimes the string hits the flat outside of the V shape and his arrows get twanged left or right. Is he right about that ? I checked out his shooting and he has good form and follow through, his rest is in the right position and he shoots good arrows.
The string is right in the middle of the V shape when let down.

Any advice, Cuz I want to beat him again after he fixed his problem !!!

Frank
Old 02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS on the General

I'm not an expert but it seems like if you torqued the grip enough it could cause the string to hit on the sides of the V instead of the middle of the V.

But if you torqued your grip that much, you'd miss regardless of what kind of string suppressor you had. Tell him to quit torquing the grip and stop blaming his equipment for his misses.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not 100% sure on this but if the string is going that far to the left or right then I would imagine the shooter is gonna have problems even keeping the string in the grooves on the cam.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Host of Hosts

Sounds like he was embarrassed and needed to blame something other than himself. Like the others have said he'd have to torque that bow quite alot to have that happen.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Sounds like he was embarrassed and neede to blame something other than himself. Like the other have said he'd have to torque that bow quite alot to have that happen.
Agreed! Seems he was looking for excuses or hadn't properly tuned his bow.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never seen an archer yet that couldn't find an excuse for a miss. I'll clean out the PM box! Sorry!! I have to do it 2 or 3 times a week. It snuck up on me.

Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Never seen an archer yet that couldn't find an excuse for a miss. I'll clean out the PM box! Sorry!! I have to do it 2 or 3 times a week. It snuck up on me.

Dan
Mr. Popular[8D]
Old 02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

It only holds 50 messages!! I used to get more than that a day on AT. Popular?? Not sure about that oneI am always willing to help and try to get back to anyone ASAP.

Dan
Old 02-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

MeanV, clean up your PM box !!!

I outshot a fellow bowtech shooter at the range tonight, Vegas rounds at 18 yards.
I shot a 271 ( 9's all the way, five x's and four 8's )
The guy with the General blamed his misses on the sts rubber V shape, he said sometimes the string hits the flat outside of the V shape and his arrows get twanged left or right. Is he right about that ? I checked out his shooting and he has good form and follow through, his rest is in the right position and he shoots good arrows.
The string is right in the middle of the V shape when let down.

Any advice, Cuz I want to beat him again after he fixed his problem !!!

Frank
The STS does not have a v groove however the one that comes on the General does!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

MeanV I just receivedyour custom string suppressor in the mail today and mounted it to my bow. Thanks for the fast shipping and a great product.

Quick Reply: STS on the General

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.