Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning Question

Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tuning Question

I took it to the Bow shop to have it set up, Imean Im new to this and all, but he squared the rest in so I think that would be ok. He did all the leveling and everything and also put a loop on it and set the nock point as well.

The sight is a Cobra Boomslang.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

I took it to the Bow shop to have it set up, Imean Im new to this and all, but he squared the rest in so I think that would be ok. He did all the leveling and everything and also put a loop on it and set the nock point as well.

Can the base be flipped over??? Meaning, can you take the part that attaches to your bow and flip it 180* so it holds the pin housing higher??? They look like you could do that in pictures, but I haven't actually had "hands on" with one, so I don't know for sure. I had a Tru-Glo that you could do that with, and it got me where I needed to be when setting up one of my older bows.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Can the base be flipped over??? Meaning, can you take the part that attaches to your bow and flip it 180* so it holds the pin housing higher??? They look like you could do that in pictures, but I haven't actually had "hands on" with one, so I don't know for sure. I had a Tru-Glo that you could do that with, and it got me where I needed to be when setting up one of my older bows.

THATS A POSSIBILITY!!! Now Im excited! lol- maybe I can fix it myself...
Old 02-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I flipped it and went downstairs and shot it.

It was shooting high like I said, and so now it did raise the sight, so when I shot at 12 yards in my basement with the base flipped, it was about 6 inches lower. IT WORKED!

Thank you sir! Ive had a headache over this for three days now!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I flipped it and went downstairs and shot it.

It was shooting high like I said, and so now it did raise the sight, so when I shot at 12 yards in my basement with the base flipped, it was about 6 inches lower. IT WORKED!

Thank you sir! Ive had a headache over this for three days now!

Cool, good to hear!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah Im really glad it wasn't anything like the nock point, the rest, my anchor points or anything else like that. Looking at it now, I don't know why I ever put it on like that in the first place, but I think the package showed it being on like that.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Im really glad it wasn't anything like the nock point, the rest, my anchor points or anything else like that. Looking at it now, I don't know why I ever put it on like that in the first place, but I think the package showed it being on like that.
Pat,
I've seen the pictures, and wondered how well it'd work set up that way, especially with a moderate to long draw and a faster bow. Throw in a longer axle-to-axle, and certainly the higher setting would be better than the lower setting from my experience, because of string angle. How do you like the site as far as pin brightness??? It looks like a re-designed Sidewinder, and I wondered how bright they are. Plus I like the fact that the fiber is more or less hidden by the design in comparison withthe Sidewinder.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Typical Buck

I like it pretty well so far. It has two red and two green pinsbut I know alot of people don't like red pins for their sights. I got on Cabela's and read the review (4.7 out of 5) by 11 or 12 people.

They all said it was great so I bought it since Im a beginner and it seemed to be the best bang for the buck ($60) compared to the prices on the other ones. It's pretty easy to adjust as well.

There's some real cheap one's on ebay right now! I wish I woulda thought about ebay when I bought all my accessories!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got things working without any major changes.

I wouldn't sweat the loss of buying on EBay. Usually till you get done getting raped on shipping charges you can buy right at home and see what you are buying. Besides, your pro-shop guy likes you better, too.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Glad you got things working without any major changes.

I wouldn't sweat the loss of buying on EBay. Usually till you get done getting raped on shipping charges you can buy right at home and see what you are buying. Besides, your pro-shop guy likes you better, too.
Yeah I was really glad. It's funny how something so simple like that could puzzle me for three days. I guess that's why I come here!

Quick Reply: Tuning Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.