Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt Katera "fuse" string suppressors >

Hoyt Katera "fuse" string suppressors

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Katera "fuse" string suppressors

Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hoyt Katera "fuse" string suppressors

My cousin just bought a brand new one and his has two but my advice is to do what I did to his take those speed robbers off you do not need them with the STS and either have none or put cat whisker on they steal less speed. While you may not care about speed its like driving a Neon when you have a Viper in the garage. If you have it you may aswell utilize it.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Some Gouge I got was they were haveing an issue of the upper ones shooting out of the string if you didnt serve them in. So this year they just put one. The one on the bottom which wasnt haveing a problem coming out.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

I asked my dealer about that as well and this is what he said. Wjen Hoyt first designed the bow, they originally used 2, but during Research and Development, they found that with the Katera, it was quieter with out the one on top. They had concluded that by having one on top, it acted like a lite weight on the string in between the cam and STS causing more string vibration than without it. They had actually shipped a few out with 2, but notified all dealers to remove the top one if they had recieved one. I have the Katera and it is by far the best bow I have ever shot!