Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The Perfect Arrow Rest >

The Perfect Arrow Rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Perfect Arrow Rest

Old 01-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Default The Perfect Arrow Rest

This is a serious question and any responsesare much appreciated.

If you could buy the perfect arrow rest, what features would it have? What rest out there is the best you have used? I am mainly talking about drop aways, but feel free to talk about any.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Default RE: The Perfect Arrow Rest

I posted the same ? about a week ago and everyone seemed to think that the Vaportrail "Limb Driver" was a good one to go after. I haven't triedit yet becasue of the $$$ tag on it. I honestly think any rest will perform with the proper set up and tuning.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'll beat on my APA drum again. For me, the APA Twister Safari I've been using is about as good as it gets. Simple setup, accurate and full containment. Why these rests have never caught on is beyond me. I've used this rest for 3 years and have not come across a better designed hunting rest.

If I could design the perfect rest, it would basically be the same design as the Twister Safari with the addition of micro adjustability for all adjustments. This includes timing.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: String Burn

I posted the same ? about a week ago and everyone seemed to think that the Vaportrail "Limb Driver" was a good one to go after. I haven't tried it yet becasue of the $$$ tag on it. I honestly think any rest will perform with the proper set up and tuning.
I have a Limb Driver and I have to say it is the best rest i have ever owned so far! Very easy to install and tune! Yes they are a bit pricey but very worth it!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:35 PM

A drop away whisker biscut would be perfect.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me the rest would have to NOT have any cords attached to activate it. I see most droppers with cords as a cheap way to make a $15 prong rest work in the opposite direction with a $75 price tag. But then we archers are just, OH, so gullible.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

For me the rest would have to NOT have any cords attached to activate it. I see most droppers with cords as a cheap way to make a $15 prong rest work in the opposite direction with a $75 price tag. But then we archers are just, OH, so gullible.
I hear ya there, as a matter of fact, I know of a guy who did exactly that, bought a LEFTY prong rest, and mounted it on a righty bow in such a fashion, said it worked almost as good as the "designed" drop-aways.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

A drop away whisker biscut would be perfect.
How would that work?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: String Burn

I posted the same ? about a week ago and everyone seemed to think that the Vaportrail "Limb Driver" was a good one to go after. I haven't triedit yet becasue of the $$$ tag on it. I honestly think any rest will perform with the proper set up and tuning.
$89.95 TYD is in line with most of the top Dropaways. Check them out at my Website www.meanvarchery.com We sell other rests but this is the one I use and recommend

Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 12:11 PM

My R and D backround makes me want to improve everything. LOL. I am just thinking I can make a rest better. The nice thing about bow accessories is thatthey are pretty simple in mechanical operation.

Quick Reply: The Perfect Arrow Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.