Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sons Bow

Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 AM

Default Sons Bow

Hey, just got a bow for my son a very nice mathews legacy.Just wondering what sight and rest yall would recommend he is new but has shot a bow before with friends. Things have changed since I bowhunted. He is 13 and pulls 65-70lbs easy but want to start him out at 60#and 27"dl all replies needed.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:25 AM

Default RE: Sons Bow

I'm real happy with my G5 Optix ME, nice site but a bit pricey... currently using a whisker biscuit deluxe but I'm going to a fall away very soon, Trohpy Ridge Drop Zone, probably picking it up tonite while i'm at league... really it depends on how much money you wanna spend... you can find the G5 sites on ebay for pretty $$ if you search and be patient... also check the classifieds at ArcheryTalk to save a few bucks...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow that is one strong kid!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

For a kid, you want to keep it simple but will still perform quite well for him. I assume you're setting him up to shoot release, so a Whisker Bisquit or BowTech Hostage, something along those lines.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

For a kid, you want to keep it simple but will still perform quite well for him. I assume you're setting him up to shoot release, so a Whisker Bisquit or BowTech Hostage, something along those lines.
I don't disagree at all... I pulled the prong rest from my sons bow and installed a biscuit, he loves it...
Old 01-30-2008, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

one of those rest and dont go super cheap but dont go super expensive on the sights. you can find some very nice sights in between 50 and 100 dollars
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

for a rest a wisker biscuit would be good. as for sights i have tru glo and they were only 35$ i think, and they are very nice sights.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM

^ i shoot a bisciut and a tru glo sight, i love em both
Old 01-30-2008, 10:43 PM

I shot a bowtech patriot till shoulder injury at work and had a w.b. and an impact single pin due to glasses making it difficult to use mulitypin. I was thinking that a drop away like a ripcord or a muzzy zero and he likes the toxonics 3 pin is there better 3 pins .Yes he is a big 13 yr old lol.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the others, a WB is probably a good rest for a newer archer, just make sure you fletch up some arrows with some Blazers or Duravanes that are tough so the Whiskers don't tear the fletches up. As for a sight, I'd go with something with 3 pins, keep the decision easy, maybe even go with a single pin, but I think a 3-pin would be a better option. Something like this: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

or this: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

are both good options. The CJ is quite durable, and a name that speaks for itself, the Sidewinder is another very good sight, and the pins are pretty bright. I have 2 and really like them a lot, plus I like the tool free adjustment option of this one, makes it easy to set up without having to keep the allen wrenches handy.

Quick Reply: Sons Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.