Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Homemade paper tune set-up >

Homemade paper tune set-up

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Homemade paper tune set-up

Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Default RE: Homemade paper tune set-up

I usually just take a shoe box, take off the lid, cut a square out of it, and tape some paper over the gap. put some kind of weight on the bottom, and it works just fine.

the way i figure,if you can't shoot through a square thats 1-1.5 square feet at a few feet away, you shouldnt be papertuning your own bow yet :P
Old 01-26-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been taught to papertune from about 5-6ft, then about 12ft and then maybe 15+ft. That way you can get a "picture" of what your arrow is actually doing. If you stay at one distance you may hit the paper "in between" oscillations and think you are paper tuned. Papertuning, to me, is just a snapshot of what the arrow is doing right after leaving the bow and multiple snapshots at multiple distances give me the best "picture".
Old 01-28-2008, 05:25 AM

I built mine out of 5/8 copper. made the top square out of two elbows and two tees. Put the tees on the bottom of the square then cut some legs the height you need. make some tee's for the base. Have to be able to solder but most people can. Then i use clothes pins to hold the paper on the frame. Pins open just enough to fit over the pipe.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Parkerbuckhunter

I built mine out of 5/8 copper. made the top square out of two elbows and two tees. Put the tees on the bottom of the square then cut some legs the height you need. make some tee's for the base. Have to be able to solder but most people can. Then i use clothes pins to hold the paper on the frame. Pins open just enough to fit over the pipe.
Cool, but i'd keep it under lock and key...LOL, some would kill for that much scrap copper