Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 draw length too long? >

draw length too long?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

draw length too long?

Old 01-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Default RE: draw length too long?

Actually your loop is too long. If you shorten your loop alot then your draw length will probably be pretty good, but from the picture your draw length is too long. Try shortening your loop first to see if it helps. If not you can always tie another one on at the length it's at now.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:02 PM

Your loop looks a little long to me, and the point at which the release attaches to the loop is pretty far forward - causing you to have to anchor way back behind your ear. I would look at a release that allows your hand to get closer to the loop.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok..i am having it re-strung...i will get the loop smaller and make the release shorter as well...i will check to see if that helps ... also will move the peep.....

thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell because of the pic but it looks to me like your elbow of your release arm is low of your knocking point, but i think it may come up after the afore mentioned problems are addressed.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try changing the release before the loop
Old 01-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Your apex should be pretty close to directly under your eye. It looks like it is a little far back. Release also seems long. Good luck man.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

ok..i am having it re-strung...i will get the loop smaller and make the release shorter as well...i will check to see if that helps ... also will move the peep.....

thanks
Good start and much needed imo.

Your head is forward a little but that isn't necessarily a bad thing,many do that and prefer it.

Your draw really appears to be long to me,atleast a 1/2".I would like to see a full picture though to evaluate further.I would notchange it though untill I made the other changes.If you raised your chin a little,it might be fine with the loop and release changes.

Your grip has way too much palm into the grip.The hand needs to be rotated over so the forearm and wrist are rotated to something near a 45 deg angle.

Just a couple things to work on for now.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sctf520

It appears that you are leaning your head foward to see through your peep. Leave your head in a nuetral position (straight up), close your eyes, draw the bow with your nose touching the string. open your eyes, then you will probably be looking at the top of or over your peep so it will have to be raised. I agree your release may also be a little long, but get the peep set right first.
Actually,forget the peep is there untill you fix the form issues all together,then readjust it.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: sctf520

It appears that you are leaning your head foward to see through your peep. Leave your head in a nuetral position (straight up), close your eyes, draw the bow with your nose touching the string. open your eyes, then you will probably be looking at the top of or over your peep so it will have to be raised. I agree your release may also be a little long, but get the peep set right first.
Actually,forget the peep is there untill you fix the form issues all together,then readjust it.
will do...got called from archery shop after putting on new strings they found both limbs had a crack in it...not sure if they did or if it happened when the sting broke[:@][:@]

now i have to wait until they get in the limbs from parker...but i will have everything re-adjusted and post a pic once i get the bow back
Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would put my money on that happening when the string broke.

Quick Reply: draw length too long?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.