Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spot Hogg Sights >

Spot Hogg Sights

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot Hogg Sights

Old 01-23-2008, 08:28 AM

Default Spot Hogg Sights

Just ordered my General and now it's time to deck it out. I have been told by most that for sights, Spot Hogg is the way to go. However, in researching them I am a bit overwhelmed by all of the choices. At first I was just considering the "Right On" and then moved to the "Real Deal" and then finally on the "Hunter Hogg It". My question is, for hunting, is it really necessary for micro-adjustability? Furthermore, what is the true benefit of the 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments on the "Hunter Hogg It"? Is the 2" diameter shield the best or the 2 3/8"? 0.19 pins or 0.29? Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Default RE: Spot Hogg Sights

Here's a review of a 3rd axis sight I just did last evening. It's got a little information in it.....

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2588362

But specifically to what you're looking for in regards to 3rd plane, TFOX posted this earlier this month, it is loaded with 3rd axis information. Enjoy.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2282390
Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spot Hogg is a great multi pin sight, and the Hogg It is Top Dog. Good info posted above

Dan
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM

O.K. but what about the shield diameter or pin diameter?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 PM

Small guard, .019 pins, hogg it wrapped pins
Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting I prefer the Large guard and .019 pins it gives me a better field of view and fills my peep better

Dan
Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep for hunting, large guard and I would ask for a custom pin orientation if it were me. LOL

I'd want a .019 wrap for my top pin and the rest be .010 wraps, Top Pin green.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, the guard size should be dicated by the peep size you have, plus the distance from your peep to the sight. I personally have a small guard and my Fletcher 3/16" peep lines up perfectly in my Hunter Hogg.

Pin size, is really a personal preference. The larger diameter fiber is stronger and will take a bit more abuse, but you sacrifce the pin point accuracy of a smaller pin. Also, the larger fiber gathers a bit more light than the smaller fibers. I actually switched from .029 to .019 for all my pins. I don't think I'd go any smaller as these work for me.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:13 PM

you cant go wrong with the hunter hogg it great sight get the wrap and you will be happy!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

For hunting I prefer the Large guard and .019 pins it gives me a better field of view and fills my peep better

Dan
Andrew,

I just bought the Hogg-It wrapped with the large guard and .019 pins on Dan's recomendation. Like you I was looking at the Real Deal and didn't see the advantages of the Hogg-It, but so many people recomended it over the Real Deal that I just said the heck with it. I figured that even if it wasn't any better that it couldn't be any worse. If you're already willing to spend $170 for a top of the line product what's another $40. Let me tell you this sight is absolutely awesome. If your just deer hunting it might seem overkill to have this kind of adjustability, but it's nice to have. My old tru-glo was so hard to adjust that I just settled for close enough while sighting it in, with the hogg-it you can move your group just fractions of an inch.

Quick Reply: Spot Hogg Sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.