Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 fletching hitting ultra rest >

fletching hitting ultra rest

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fletching hitting ultra rest

Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Spike

Default fletching hitting ultra rest

I am very new at this (only had my bow for a couple of weeks), but i noticed my fletching is hitting my rest.I have a bowtech gaurdian @65# with a ultra rest hd pro series.
I moved the rest down and away from the side it was hitting, it doesn't seem to be hitting any more but I saw on line that the instructions say on a gaurdian you might need to use the taller paddle(probably not the right term). any one using this combo or had the same problem?
oh yeah Im shooting2in blazers cock up- I was shooting cock out.Thanks for any help
Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: fletching hitting ultra rest

I moved the rest down and away from the side it was hitting,
Does that line mean you moved the rest from center shot?

If you moved the rest to get clearance off center shot, did you not just untune your bow?

I'd be more concerned with getting true tuning and then solve your vane clearance issues.

Blazers higher profile do at times make clearance issues.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Spike

thanks for the reply, yes i moved the rest to the side- I assumed( I know) that since the fletching was only hitting one side the rest was not centered properly.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you don't have the tools to do center shot. Hold your bow, line your string right up the middle of the riser and limbs to the cams with an arrow nocked.

With the string lined up perfectly with the center of the riser, see if your arrow shaft is pointed out or in, center shot the string should split your arrow as well as being centered on the riser.

That's where you want to start for paper tuning or if you errant arrows.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Spike

I have the tools ordered to check center,I guess my biggest question until I get the tools is if I shoulld put the taller launcher on?[&:]
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I'm having trouble understanding where your vanes are hitting. Are they hitting the rest itself or the riser or cables?

Are you shooting cock vane up?

The prongs/rest should be dropping out of the way.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

How high does the launcher go??? It only needs to be lined up with the bolt hole in the riser that you are attaching your rest with, meaning that the arrow should be centered over that hole with the rest in the up position. I can see where you could have some clearance issue with on of the QAD rests, that's part of what steered me away from them. Though I've heard many good reviews on them, I've leaned away from them. I also agree with Rob, if you are shooting BLAZERS, that high profile is known to cause clearance issues, and almost requires a rest be set up near perfection to avoid them. But, if you get everything right, they steer arrows quite well also.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Spike

The contact was on the fork closest to the riser.yes I have the cock vane up.I guess i should just be patient and wait for my tools to get here,I'm just trying to learn what I can before then.I really have little to no knowlege on bows(exept what i'v been reeding here).I hope I'm not wasting any body's time or seem like a complete idiot.
Unless there is anything else you think would be helpfull I will leave this alone until I the tools to be sure I have my center shot right.Thanks again.

Mark
Old 01-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pureadrenaline

I am very new at this (only had my bow for a couple of weeks), but i noticed my fletching is hitting my rest.I have a bowtech gaurdian @65# with a ultra rest hd pro series.
I moved the rest down and away from the side it was hitting, it doesn't seem to be hitting any more but I saw on line that the instructions say on a gaurdian you might need to use the taller paddle(probably not the right term). any one using this combo or had the same problem?
oh yeah Im shooting2in blazers cock up- I was shooting cock out.Thanks for any help
I had this problem one time and it turned out to be the rope on the down bus cable was to tight. The bow string moves a lot after a shot and because it was so tight it was pulling the prongs back up. After you achieve center shot again try loosening the cable a little. Remember the prongs have to reach 90 degrees at full draw.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pureadrenaline

The contact was on the fork closest to the riser.yes I have the cock vane up.I guess i should just be patient and wait for my tools to get here,I'm just trying to learn what I can before then.I really have little to no knowlege on bows(exept what i'v been reeding here).I hope I'm not wasting any body's time or seem like a complete idiot.
Unless there is anything else you think would be helpfull I will leave this alone until I the tools to be sure I have my center shot right.Thanks again.

Mark
Mark,
No one here thinks you're and idiot, this forum is to help guys out, not to ridicule them. There are quite a few very intelligent guys here, willing to help you get your stuff set up as best they can over the internet. Not to worry, no one thinks you're and idiot or wasting their time. You can eyeball the center shot, as was mentioned above, and probably get some short range shooting in, even without having the rest perfectly centered. There are lots of good threads and lots of good info here, don't get down on yourself or frustrated.

Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply: fletching hitting ultra rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.