Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 arrows/ tip weight?? >

arrows/ tip weight??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrows/ tip weight??

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default arrows/ tip weight??

How do you know how heavy you can go with your tip on your arrow? Im shooting a 500 spline lightspeed and a 65gr tip. Is there a chart or something that tells ya how heavy you can go with your splined arrow? I was wandering if 75gr. is to heavy?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Default RE: arrows/ tip weight??

There is a chart on Easton's website. The variables include: draw weight, arrow length, cam type, and tip weight. A heavier tip makes an arrow less stiff, as does a longer shaft.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks Roskoe
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look at one of the teeth on this gear. That is a spline.

What you want to know about is arrow SPINE.

Calling spine "spline" is one of my pet peeves.

Believe it or not (and I can't believe it ) but Easton doesn't have an arrow selection chart on their website any longer. At least, I can't find it if it's there.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:59 PM

We I go to a new size of arrows I take about four are five arrows and shoot groups. I use 125, 100 and 85 grain points and see with holds the best groups. I shoot the heaver point through paper and tune the bow then go out side to group tune my arrows. The last two sizes of arrows I have shot Goldtips 5575 with 4 inch vane and the axes 400 with 2 inch blazers have group best with 85 grain points and broadheads. I group them at 20 and 40 yards and starting with 125 grains going down in size to 85 grain. I can see the groups get smaller are bigger but, with the 85 grain tips that the way it comes out for me maybe not for you. I have always let my group tell what weight tips to use not just what some one said should work. The axes arrow have been working great for me. I'm shooting 2 inch group at 30 yards, one arrow dead center in the x at 20 and blowing through fast on every deer I shoot.
When I got my new Black Ice last fall and set at 65 lbs. I tried 100 hundred grain tips and my groups opened up to about a 3 1/2 to 4 inch group at 30 yard and the 85,s went back down to a 2 inch are less groups.

Good Luck
Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Look at one of the teeth on this gear. That is a spline.

What you want to know about is arrow SPINE.

Calling spine "spline" is one of my pet peeves.

Believe it or not (and I can't believe it ) but Easton doesn't have an arrow selection chart on their website any longer. At least, I can't find it if it's there.
Finally.....heh Best post ever
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Wow! They must have changed that after January 1st. I can't find it anywhere either
Old 01-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

try this Roscoe. I dont like it as much as the one they had on easton's page, but it works. http://www.huntersfriend.com/arrowhelp/gold-tip-arrow-spine-chart.htm
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if they are updating it?

Quick Reply: arrows/ tip weight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.