HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   QAD Ultra-Rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/227901-qad-ultra-rest.html)

cal516 01-18-2008 12:35 PM

QAD Ultra-Rest

Anyone use or have used the QAD Ultra-Rest? I am thinking baout putting it on my new....which I haven't bought yet...still shopping but thinking hard about the Hoyt Katera...would like to hear your opinions....thanks

JNTURK 01-18-2008 01:08 PM

RE: QAD Ultra-Rest

i have one and my brother does as well...for us hunting the backcountry,(still hunting), it works very well in the capture ability of our arrows...shots very nice and is not too hard to set up....it does make a "click" noise when it drops...but it is not too bad...

jeremy3303 01-18-2008 01:13 PM

I use it and love it. IMO it is better than the ripcord because it has the ability to stay in the full capture position even when you need to let down. The clicking noise mentioned in the last post is mainly from the launcher hitting the shelf of the bow and is irrelevant in terms of hearing it over the bow noise anyway. If you're planning on putting it on the Katera I suggest staying away from the pro-series models and just go with the cheaper hunter model. It works just as good as far as function but the bolt for the windage adjustment is not blocked by the tec-riser on hoyt bows like the pro-series is.

MeanV2 01-18-2008 01:28 PM

I have setup several QAD and used them myself as well when they work they are great. When they don't they can be a pain in the Arse;)

Dan

muzzyman88 01-18-2008 01:32 PM

I had one and it is a nice design. However, I wasn't too impressed with paying almost a hundred dollars on something with a plastic launcher. So I went back to my APA Twister.

bigcountry 01-18-2008 08:09 PM

IMO, its one of the best out there. I have two.

Rhody Hunter 01-19-2008 04:58 AM

that is a great rest. full capture ,stays when it is slowly let down and is a drop away when fired. very good rest ,I too wish they made the laucher out of something other than plastic

LKNCHOPPERS 01-19-2008 10:15 AM

I have setup two, one for me and one for my lady. They work very well. If you want to reduce the clicking noise line the bottom of the shelf with moleskin.

blackfish 01-22-2008 02:12 PM

I just got one the ultra hd I liked it before I even took it out of the pkg.after I put it on the bow I loved it.I have ordered and sent back a bunch of dropp aways for my new bow I had an issue with all of them.I am not sure but I think alot of the ppl that desighn some of the rests out there don t even know what the pointy end of the arrow is for I was impressed with the wammy and they sent me a rest with prongs toatly different than advertised so as far as im concerned thats false advertising so as good as they say they are it went back.But I have never been happy with a rest as much as the qadthey say that muzzy zzero effects is good to but it was a little big for me.I think you could not go wrong with this rest my bow shoots about 290 and i have no fletching contact at all and it is very well made[oh ya that wamy was leaking oil i think or it looked like it]

birdhunter75 01-22-2008 07:16 PM

I've used one for a couple of seasons and I love it.
By the way, when I first got mine, somethng about it didn't seem right (kind of stiff). I called them and they sent me a replacement one, without a question, and I got it in a couple of days. They only asked that I send back the faulty one when I got the replcement, not the other way around...excellent service in my book.