Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pick me apart

Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pick me apart

Here ya go, pick me apart!!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pick me apart

all im gunna say is your gunna get torn apart you asked for it....and it will help in the end...im not an expert...i will let them do the deeds...but a couple things jump out like your grip and high shoulder on your draw arm....
Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing I see wrong is that your finger is on the trigger. Those are some pretty nice arrows for the price arent they.

Die Hard
Old 01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drop the elbow about 5'' or so.Arrow and arm should be a streight line,just by looking your pulling up due to the angle of your arm....
I will leave it at that.......
Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM

be carefull with your hand
http://www.bowtube.com/media/6/Get_A_Grip/

Francis
Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is one thing I read from this pic. You need to stand with equal weight on both feet. Then draw the bow and anchor without shifting the weight. It appears that you have too much weight on the back leg/foot. This has your whole body out of whack. It kinda looks like you're leaning back at the hips and then pulling your head down and forward to touch the nose to the string.

You need to turn the palm away from the grip, rotating the left elbow out some, with the hand at approx. 40 degrees from the grip. Shoot off the meat of the thumb. The palm should never touch the grip. Keep the fingers relaxed just as they appear to be now.

Bring the right elbow down. It can be little high, but your's is very exaggerated. Typically these days it is recommended to have the drawing arm parallel to the arrow, but a little higher is OK. What you should be trying to achieve is that when you pull through the shot with back tension the muscles are pulling back in a straight line.

Two other things. The draw length of the bow appears to be pretty close right now so work with it as is. Secondly, take another picture, but full length. Need the feet in the picture, too. View from the side, the back , behind you, and down from the top would help, too.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:51 PM

heck, if he can wear those shorts in his pic, imma take my next 'help me' pic's in shorts - showing my white as a ghost chicken legs.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ewas going to say something about the shorts(don't they sell them in sizes that fit?) but instead I look at other asking about form and try to use it on myself.I keep my elbow lower but I'm sure I have other faults of my own.The advice I see other give helps me think about what I'm doing.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, I haven't gotten home to mess with my form any, but here is a pic I took when I was wearing my hoody and didn't think to take it off. I was messing with a different grip, kind of opened my hand up some. Any better?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never notice on myself but your bow looks canted forward and the arrow looks level...that maybe normal and everyone may do it,it's hard for me to tell on myself.I thought everything should look more 90 degree angle with body in "T" configuration!Like I said your asking and I'm learning with you!And finger stillcovering release...be careful indoors if no target out of picture.I'm gonna pay attention to my elbow tomarrow to see where mine is a full draw.

Quick Reply: Pick me apart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.