Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cams?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Cams?

So I'm pretty new to bow, I'm looking to buy a bow in the next couple months, and I dont know weather to buy a single or double cam bow, I dont even know what the diiference is, can somone please explain what the difference is?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cams?

Welcome to archery. A single cam bow as the name implies has one cam at the bottom and an idler wheel on top. Single cam bows are usualy known for their smoothness and also for being very shooter friendly as far as tuning and maintanance. There are actualy a couple differant types or variations in two cam bows. You have your basic two cam bow, hybrid or bianar also sometimes called cam and a half. Two cam bows are generaly faster, but can sometimes offer problems as far as tuning goes. The newer bianary cam bows have all the tuning and timing reliability of a single cam but also can offer the added speed that a two cam bow sometimes has. Really if you get into a good quality single cam or a bianary you cant go wrong. Your best bet is go to a reputable pro shop and ask as many questions as possible and handle as many bows as possible. In the end you can take the pro shops advice but make sure it is the bow the feels best for you.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks, ill most likely go with a single cam bow, because they sound simpler.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats not a bad choice, but dont let the bianary or hybrid type cam scare you off. Like I said go to a pro shop and ask questions.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to go and shoot a bunch of bows and then decide. Try not to let the cam style dictate what bow you choose.

How the bow feels in your hand and how it shoots more important than the cam design.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech/Diamond makes some great Binary cam bows as well as their Single cam line up. I prefer the Binary Cams, I think they are the Best cam system currently on the market and Bowtech continues to improve them every year.Go shoot the two and see which is better for you.

Dan