HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Razortec or Havoctec????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/22217-razortec-havoctec.html)

parker1 01-27-2003 02:28 PM

Razortec or Havoctec?????

I am very interested in the new hoyt razortec and the havoctec but can not decide. I do plan on shooting both but has anyone already shot both? Is there a big difference? Also about the Brownell string and cables that come factory on these bows. Do these strings hold up well? do they stretch alot or are they like the winners choice strings?

ssurles268 01-27-2003 02:38 PM

RE: Razortec or Havoctec?????

I shot both the Saturday. There is not much differenc in the two to me. I was able to hold the RazorTec still easier. Though it was not difficult. I am having the same trouble as you. I need help in deciding between the RazorTec, HavoTec and Patriot Dually.

Both shot extremely well with no shock or vibration. Very little noise also.

Stephen

PABowhntr 01-28-2003 04:51 AM

I will start off by saying that I love short bows. I have probably owned more of them since the introduction of the MQ32 than anyone I know. After shooting a variety of the "shorties" which ranged in axle to axle length from 30 to 34 inches....I have found that I prefer the slightly longer of the short models. 33 to 34 inches is just about perfect for me. Again, that is "for me".

I had a 2002 Havoctec Versa last year that I would have been hard pressed to find a bow to beat it in terms of noise and vibration levels. Speed was decent and accuracy was slightly above average. But, then came the Razortec with the Cam and a Half. The new cam design is definitely more accurate for me than previous year's Versacam designs...though not by much.

Considering the specs on the two bows...it really is a toss up. I would be surprised to see Hoyt continue with the Havoctec next year as the Razortec can do the same specs, if not better, with a barely longer axle to axle length.

Just my opinion...take it for what it is worth.

bloodtrail1 01-30-2003 09:25 PM

My vote goes towards the razortec, and I put on a custom string(Bowman custom strings) on my razortec within the first few weeks. As the factory string just didnt want to settle in and stop stretching! Plus the custom string picked me up 8fps!

Deleted User 01-30-2003 11:28 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Jerry/NJ 01-31-2003 06:54 AM

bloodtrail, did George make your cable with or without the factory type yoke? You picked up 8 fps? WOW...I like George's strings, I am gonna have to call him.

*Become a better shot —> practice, don't just shoot*