Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Marquis string trouble. >

Marquis string trouble.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Marquis string trouble.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Marquis string trouble.

I have the marquis from diamond. I have shot a few hundred arrows thru it. The serving where the drawlength modishas seprated already. It is pretty bad. Is the cam stop not adjusted correctly? left it at 29" draw and left the cam stop where it was at when I bought it. They don't show you where the cam stop is supposed to be. I guess I will have to order a string but I am not to happy with it. Anyone else haveing trouble or is it just me ? I wish there was somewhere to get the info for these adjustments.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Marquis string trouble.

I wouldn't worry about it if it's just seperated. If it's frayed, that's another story but seperated servings in that area are no big deal. As far as the draw stop goes, It should be adjusted when you change modules but if the valley, wall and let-off are good where it is, then leave it.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Should one expect that the draw stop is where it should be from the factory? It comes at 29" draw and that is what I am shooting it at. I just left the stop alone. I was just wondering if overdrawing it would cause this trouble or if the serving is just junk. Maybe I will mess with stop just to feel the difference.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's an answer about serving separation on single-cam bows by a highly regarded aftermarket stringmaker:

serving seperation may be a sign of stretch, or just that the mathews cams are real good at pushing the serving. if its just a bit, and not in danger of coming apart and getting tangled in the cam, i would not call off a hunting trip for it, or really worry about it in the least. mathews shooters have been shooting like that since they started making single cams.
Now obviously his answer wasdirected ata Mathews shooter, but I thinkhis point still stands.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: rock_slinger

Should one expect that the draw stop is where it should be from the factory? It comes at 29" draw and that is what I am shooting it at. I just left the stop alone. I was just wondering if overdrawing it would cause this trouble or if the serving is just junk. Maybe I will mess with stop just to feel the difference.
Yes, It should have been set to the installed module at the factory. If you're going to move it I wouldn't move it more than one index mark in either direction.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Here's an answer about serving separation on single-cam bows by a highly regarded aftermarket stringmaker:

serving seperation may be a sign of stretch, or just that the mathews cams are real good at pushing the serving. if its just a bit, and not in danger of coming apart and getting tangled in the cam, i would not call off a hunting trip for it, or really worry about it in the least. mathews shooters have been shooting like that since they started making single cams.
Now obviously his answer wasdirected ata Mathews shooter, but I thinkhis point still stands.

A highly regarded string maker should use the term "creep" rather than "stretch". [8D]

Sorry, pet peeve.

Stretch is a temporary elongation (rubber band) while creep is a permanent elongation. (bow strings)....

again, sorry. [8D]
Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM

rob,lmao - that'sjust not true - pet peeve or not. i've let it slide before. we're talking about thecapacity for elongation when we talk about stretch. when something becomes elongated, it gets skinnier, when it gets skinnier the servng isn't as tight.anyway, i'm talking about stretch in the above quote, and not creep.creep doesn't make a stringthinner, not like stretch.that's why we pre-stretch - and stretch them more, much more, than a bow will to apply serving.anyway, there's a clue for you - i hope you catch it.

back to the issue. check real good to see if there is a sharp edge where the module connects to the cam, or anything there that would damage the serving.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

It is not frayed at all, just the serving is pushed apart. I will try to get pic later. I do not see any thing sharp there. It seems that where the serving gets wraped around the module (the tight turn on the end of the mod) is where the seving is pushed apart.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

damn, I guess Bill Winke is wrong too.[&:] Symantics.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 AM

the most important thing to me - is that you're wrong
creep is a result of stretch - it's some stretch that didn't, or won't,come back.

Quick Reply: Marquis string trouble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.