Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzy Zero Effect question >

Muzzy Zero Effect question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy Zero Effect question

Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzy Zero Effect question

I have a 2001 Patriot with a MZE on it. It is the older style rest, and despite all my efforts I can't get it to clear 100%. Now its not really affecting my arrow flight at all, but I still am not happy with the fact that one of the fletchings barely touches each shot. Its more of a mental issue I guess.

I noticed they came out with one made for Parallel model bows. Has anyone gotten this and used it on a Patriot? Does it work better? I don't want to spend $60 on something that isn't gonna give me better performance. Gimme some feedback please.

Thanks!
-Mike
Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect question

I shoot a Hoyt Vipertec with a muzzy zero effect and it shoots great and the fleaching do not touch. But i don't think that will help.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
bigcountry

On my bowtech liberty, I have to cross my cables above. I just wouldn't get the travel needed below and also had slight contact on occassions. You will get alot more travel crossed above the guard.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't recall exactly how parallel the limbs were on the 2001 model, but I absolutely recommend using the PC version of the MZE on all the VFT (Vertical Force Technology) model bows.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

On my bowtech liberty, I have to cross my cables above. I just wouldn't get the travel needed below and also had slight contact on occassions. You will get alot more travel crossed above the guard.
BC...did that as well when I was setting it up. It gave me more clearance...but just not quite 100%. Funny thing is...it just doesn't hit enough that it affects my arrow flight really, I can still group bh's at 3" at 25yds, so I am fine there. But mentally, I KNOW....and its driving me nuts. LOL, I guess I am ate up. [8D]

Greg/MO...thanks. The limbs are parallel...no doubt. Not much difference than the new ones now. I will see about getting one most likely. I assume they have to be better...I know everyone had problems with the older PL bows....and no one seemed tohave "the" answer. I assume this may be it.

Thanks guys.
-Mike
Old 12-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try and email to Mark Land at Muzzy. He's their Zero Effect guru.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hunted last season and this season with the MZE New Gen. rest on my 2005 Patriot. It took me a while to get it right, but once I did its been a great rest. During my tuning process I called Muzzy and asked them a few questions, can't recall but it may have been Mark Land I talked to. Whoever at Muzzy I talked to stated that the MZE New Gen. rest for parallel limb bows(not the Hoyt or Mathews models) was first designed with the Patriot in mind.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're right, Coug -- Mark and I have discussed this several times; that's why I said the PC is definitely the model to go with for the Pat... and I guarantee you it was Mark whom you were transferred to with a Zero Effect question...
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

I remember asking you Greg after your review about the MZE rest.

I may put another one on my next bow if I don't try a Limbdriver. I know I won't be using this one, looks like my son will get the Patriot(he's been drooling) and I'll leave it as is for him. I'll sell his old Mathews to help pay for my bow.