HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Archery Research vs Bow Tech/Extreme VFT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/21969-archery-research-vs-bow-tech-extreme-vft.html)

nubo 01-23-2003 11:02 PM

Archery Research vs Bow Tech/Extreme VFT

Word is that the all new Archery Research bow was the main attraction at the show this year .I wasn't able to go I want to buy a Bow Tech VFT this season, but my archery shop say's that the new AR's will blow the Bow Tech away. He sell's both and either way he's going to get my money .I don't like P.S.E at all, they look cheap to me.I haven't given them a fair chance to be honest,I would like to hear about this new bow if anyone could tell me about it.Do you think maybe this bow is really that good and is it worth giving it some thought before I buy ? Please help me this is a hard decision that I need to make.

Nubo

Antler Eater 01-24-2003 05:22 AM

RE: Archery Research vs Bow Tech/Extreme VFT

I too heard that the AR bows made quite a splash. Sounds like it was a pleasure to shoot. I was told they only planned on making a certain number of bows this year but already had orders for about 1800 by Sat. night of the show. Whether any of that is true, I know not. Time will tell.

J. Shoot 01-24-2003 05:26 AM

Please clarify something for me, is this bow made by PSE? I've heard that it is. Just curious.

J. Shoot

Searching

Deleted User 01-24-2003 06:04 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

jim243SRC 01-24-2003 07:10 AM

nubo to say AR will blow the VFT away is a little strong. AR is a sweet bow and looks good, feels good. Will not have the speed of the VFT. AR is a R&D company of PSE. I ordered the VFT for myself. you will need to shoot both and make the call for yourself.

500 fps 01-24-2003 07:32 AM

The reason your dealer thinks it will blow the VFT away is profit margin. He'll make money on the Bowtech, but he'll make alot more on the AR. There is no technical justification for that statement. The VFT is 20 fps faster than the AR. No recoil, acceptable brace height, smoking fast, ......how does the AR exceed this?

>>>-----SPEED KILLS---->

Len in Maryland 01-24-2003 07:40 AM

I shot the VFT and it is a very nice bow and one that you should definitely consider. That being said, the AR has it's own merits, some of which are different than anything I've ever seen. They also shoot very nicely and should also be considered, IMPO.

PSE makes the widest range of bows in the industry. They set out over 2 years ago to make a bow that would be 'state of the art' and incorporate unique characteristics that some engineers and machinists only had dreamed about. You have to examine the AR line closely to see some of these issues.

Pete Shepley decided that this bow/line would be DEALER only and that it would be offered to select PSE Dealers first. He guarantees the Dealers a 25 mile radius protected area and other amenities.

In your interest, you should probably check out both bows before you make such an important decision.

nubo 01-24-2003 08:26 PM

Stodr! I think what they're trying to tell me is that this bow is a better all round bow than the Bow Tech it doesn't have the speed but in other area's it's better as in vibration and smoothness in draw and all round comfort of handling.I'm not a P.S.E. guy so I'm leaning toward's the Bow Tech.My rep sell's a lot of P.S.E. so I'm not really surprised that he want's me to by one .I just want to hear the good thing's and the bad on the AR bow ,I already know what Bow Tech bring's to the table and that definetly will be hard to match out alone beat.

Ossage 01-26-2003 02:06 AM

The big issue would be accuracy with the AR. It sounds like target archery is where the AR will shine. There was a lot of chat about a speed showdown of the Mathews vs the Bowtech. For 3D I would be more concerned about accuracy. Because it is so difficult to measure, we never hear much about it.

rochelle 01-26-2003 09:05 AM

I shot the AR bow at the show this year and its the smoothest bow Ive shot.I might get one this year if the money is right and I can sneek it past my wife. Just shoot it and judge for yourself.