HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Which Arrow Rest? QAD, RipCord, or Bisquit? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/219424-arrow-rest-qad-ripcord-bisquit.html)

guntercb 11-25-2007 11:44 AM

Which Arrow Rest? QAD, RipCord, or Bisquit?

Hello,

I just bought a used PSE Nova and need to get an arrow rest for the bow and I am looking for suggestions.I am currently looking at the following three:

Carolina Archery Bisquit:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_48046_400014013_400000000_400014000_400-14-13

QAD Ultra Rest Hunter:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_62451_400014013_400000000_400014000_400-14-13

Ripcord Arrow Rest:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_79501_400014013_400000000_400014000_400-14-13

Here are my thoughts on them:

Bisquit - Simple, but I am afraid that the vane contact will lessen accuracy. I would like to be able to feel comfortable shooting whitetail deer to 40 yards. (I know I need to do lots of practicing, but that is my goal.)

QAD - Seems this arrow rest does not always get out of the way fast enough. My bow is not extremely fast; therefore, I believe it will work just fine. Any thoughts?

Ripcord - Much more expensive than the other two, but all the reviews I have seen on it are stealer.

Anyway, if you were to put an arrow rest onthis bowbow what would you put on it andwhy? I do need to keep the rest under $90 bucks and would really rather only spend about 40 if possible.

If it helps I will be shooting a release and aluminum arrows.

Thanks,
Chris

millerhunter13 11-25-2007 12:05 PM

RE: Which Arrow Rest? QAD, RipCord, or Bisquit?

i have the same bow go with the bisciut it is a great hunting rest.

MeanV2 11-25-2007 01:11 PM

I like the Ripcord best of the rests you mentioned, but I don't think there is a better drop away rest than the Vapor Trail Limb Driver;)

Dan

Roskoe 11-25-2007 01:48 PM

I'm currently using the WB on all four of my bows, but thinking about revisiting the drop away this winter. Going to try a "containment" drop away like the Ripcord, QAD, or TT Extreme. I use my Hoyt Protec for longer range stuff (like antelope), so it might be the best test case for a drop away.

WB's are pretty hard to beat for hunting, though. My only real complaint is that they are like tires - need a little break in and wear out over time. And I think a good drop away might be a little more forgiving. We'll see.

guntercb 11-25-2007 01:51 PM

MillerHunter13,

Thanks for the advise.

Dan,

Why do you like the Vapor Limb Driver? Do you own and use one? Have you tried others? I guess you would spend a little more money and get it?

Thanks,
Chris

MeanV2 11-25-2007 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: guntercb

MillerHunter13,

Thanks for the advise.

Dan,

Why do you like the Vapor Limb Driver? Do you own and use one? Have you tried others? I guess you would spend a little more money and get it?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris, I have sold, used and setup several Drop aways including but not limited to:
1. Vapor Trail Limb Driver
2. Ripcord
3. QAD
4. Free Fall
5. Drop Zone
The Limb Driver is the easiest to setup and get perfect clearance with, which is a big plus. The others will all work but some of the fiddling you have to do to get them setup properly is time consuming. Not always but often enough I won't use them myself anymore. Another plus for the Limb Driver is there is zero pressure put on the down cables.

Yes, I have Limb Drivers on my Allegiance and my Guardian:D

One will soon find its way on my General as well as my Airborne 82;)

They really are fool proof as well as bullet proof. To try them is to like them:)

I also have used a WB rest as well as the Hostage rest. I prefer the Hostage because it has the advantages of full containment without the disadvantages of all the contact. I think those type rests have their place I just prefer Dropaways. The way I have mine rigged you almost have to turn the bow upsidedown to make the arrow fall out;)

Dan

stalkingbear 11-25-2007 08:41 PM

I went to qad ultra rest after trying every fallaway rest on market. It's the best full capture fallaway rest on the planet in my opinion.

whitetailbowhunter 11-25-2007 09:08 PM

I would go with the ripcord. Thinking of getting one for myself.:D

Mat

m9a9g9i9c 11-26-2007 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: guntercb

MillerHunter13,

Thanks for the advise.

Dan,

Thanks,
Chris
Chris, I have sold, used and setup several Drop aways including but not limited to:
1. Vapor Trail Limb Driver
2. Ripcord
3. QAD
4. Free Fall
5. Drop Zone
The Limb Driver is the easiest to setup and get perfect clearance with, which is a big plus. The others will all work but some of the fiddling you have to do to get them setup properly is time consuming. Not always but often enough I won't use them myself anymore. Another plus for the Limb Driver is there is zero pressure put on the down cables.

Yes, I have Limb Drivers on my Allegiance and my Guardian:D

One will soon find its way on my General as well as my Airborne 82;)

They really are fool proof as well as bullet proof. To try them is to like them:)

I also have used a WB rest as well as the Hostage rest. I prefer the Hostage because it has the advantages of full containment without the disadvantages of all the contact. I think those type rests have their place I just prefer Dropaways. The way I have mine rigged you almost have to turn the bow upsidedown to make the arrow fall out;)

Dan
Dan has a General.....damn, I held on the other day and the shop owner had to pull it out of my hands to put it back on the rack....I didn't have my visa at the time...
But every xmas list has one on top.....you never know when one of your family wins the lottery......

DoubleHH 11-26-2007 06:58 AM

I bought the Kaz Awayrest about a year ago and it has been pretty good, except here latley, to many small parts. So iam going to go down the road of searching for another rest, I like the looks of the ultra, and a few others, i want something that i can install? So the search contuines????