Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 issue not sure about >

issue not sure about

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

issue not sure about

Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Default issue not sure about

i have been shooting three arrows for about 2-3 months pretty consistently now, and i just bought brand new muzzy's as in another post of mine and now my shooting has takin a bee line, and i know my form isnt the problem and i am keepin the pin on the spot could the arrows be worn out? is that even possible i have had my bow tuned in either august or july so not to long ago, any suggestions?
thanks for help in advance, by the way i was going to by new arrows anyways.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 AM

Default RE: issue not sure about

i paper tuned it and i am not sure if they are good or bad so i am posting the pic.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/millerhunter13/100_4092.jpg
Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt the arrows are "worn out". Probably what has happened is some string/cable creep which can change the tune of the bow. Consider that this happens slowly, over time, and you might not notice it.

For one, if this is a hunting rig I wouldn't get all hepped up over holes in paper. Try tuning for broadheads as per the Easton Tuning Guide and see what happens.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 AM

yep its a hunting rig, ok i will check that out.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't just "have" your bow tuned, if you mean you took it to a shop and paid them to do it. Your grip is probably different from that of the guy who did it and that can make a big difference in how the bow shoots. So, unless you did the shooting and they did the adjustments, the best they did was get it close. It's up to you to do the fine tuning to make it right. Other than wanting to make that point, I agree with BGfisher.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:17 AM

i just tried this i looked at the guide got my bow out and shot three arrows with field points one was almost dead on one was high one was high and to the right, then for the heck of it i tried with broad heads one low one high and i didnt try the other arrow with the BH. so i am thinkin that i should wait till i get my new arrows because the arrows i have been into fences stuck in logs and beat up pretty hard, so i should get new arrows at the end of the week and then i will try it again.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

You can't just "have" your bow tuned, if you mean you took it to a shop and paid them to do it. Your grip is probably different from that of the guy who did it and that can make a big difference in how the bow shoots. So, unless you did the shooting and they did the adjustments, the best they did was get it close. It's up to you to do the fine tuning to make it right. Other than wanting to make that point, I agree with BGfisher.

i see your point but that was done still in the summer and it is fall and now i have just seen a difference so i doubt the grip is the problem and i was shooting just last week with out a problem until now.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

....the arrows i have been into fences stuck in logs and beat up pretty hard, so i should get new arrows at the end of the week and then i will try it again.
Arrows don't last forever... especially when they've been plowing into fences and logs and such. Bit of a difference between 'worn out' and 'beat up.' Waiting for your new arrows is a good plan.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 AM

ya i guess i should of posted that earlier
Old 11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!! You bow is not tuned. Even a poorly tuned bow will shoot FP acurately. However, once you screw on some broadheads, thats not the case.

Quick Reply: issue not sure about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.