Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hind sight

Old 11-18-2007, 02:01 PM

Default hind sight

any one use a hind sight? if so how do you likeit,i was thinking about try one out.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Default RE: hind sight

i have one and LOVE IT!!!!!!!....a lil tricky to set up. what i did was i left my peep on for a lil bit while i set up the hind sight.this way i could look through the peep and align the hind sight..then removed peep.my groups got tighter,more consistantanchorand alot more visability

otto
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM

I have tried the hindsite, the No Peep and another one I can't remember the name of. I liked the No Peep the best. The hindsite works though as long you don't have a movable pin sight since it uses one of your pins as a referance point.

For me a regular peep sight is more accurate than any of them though.

Paul
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

I have one and I love it.

In my not so humble opinion,using oneinstead ofa peep for 3D shooting probably isn't going to help one bit. The real value of it is in the woods when you're making those ackward shots that require you to toss your target stance right out of the treestand.

Ihad a deerthat had walked past my stand to my left.I'm a left handed shooter so picture me, standing feet facing foward, twisting back around and trying to aim at deer while also not hitting the top part of my climber. The hind sight instantly shows just how bad I'm torquing the bow. Make a few body/arm/hand corrections and you're back in the game. Thwack! Perfect hit.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use a rifle type sight http://www.eradicator.com/ and a 1/4 big string peep also. i use a 3 point sight because when your all twisted up shooting from weird angles in the stand your eyes can line up perfect in the front and rear sight but i believe you can torque the bow string applying exess up and down and left-right pressure. if youve ever cocked a cross bow back even slightly un-even into the locking mechanism. the arrow wont hit where its supposed to. years ago when i had a cheapo cross bow it would shoot great mostly. when i got a little lazy and pulled the string back to lock it pulling more with one arm than the other the string would lock and not be equal oin both sides of the locking mechanism . when i put a white paint mark on each side of the string i could see when it was pulled back correctly and it always shot perfect. i feel you can do kinda the same with a compound bow. a string peep allows you to correct that kind of torque. you probably wouldnt deal with that on the ground though as much. having a front and rear sight would show only hand torque. try looking down your site then pull the string back. if you push your cheek into your string you can see its possible to line up the site perfect with your eye but you can apply bad left-right -up -down pressure with your release hand. just one of my theories