Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problems Fletching Blasers - pics >

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Yes. I did clean the vanes as well as the wraps - which removed the way cool skull graphic(bummer). Do you guys mean super glue gel that you buy at the hardware store? and this would solve all my problems?
Quit cleaning the vanes and wraps. The vanesare made with a bonding agent applied to them and when you clean them you are hurting the bonding strength.

Fast fletch is a super glue and if using a "super glue" don't clean anything with any kind of solvent. Only clean with a solvent based cleaner if using the slo setting glues like fletch tite.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks! I picked up some super glue gel and it did the trick. Shot a round at the video range on Wed with no problems, I also ordered more blazers. I sure like the performance of those buggers. Now if I could just send one through a deer......
Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 AM

great advice in this thred, going to get some super glue gel!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I am also wondering if its the helical/6 degree offset I've got on my EZ fletch? Bazers recommends a 2 degree offset. Is the stiff vane going through the biscuit at more off an offset putting too much pressure on it?
This could be your problem right there.... You cannot get alot of offset or helical with blazers due to thier size.... If you put too much helical or offset on them they will not have good contact with the shaft.... Knock back your offset to 2 or 3 degree just you some to practice with to see where you can get the most offset with total fletching to shaft contact.....
Old 11-10-2007, 04:47 PM

ive found that the fletch tite platinum works just fine for me with blazers, in fact i like it a lot better than the super glues......BUT.......

i use a quality fletching jig also, not an e-z fletch, i use a jo-jan with straight clamp.

i know a lot of ya like the e-z fletchers, but to me at least they dont hold even pressure on the shaft and vane.

just my .2 cents and of course ymmv.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 PM

I've had this exact problem and i'm now very excited to see this thread lol. I'm gonna have to try this stuff.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:42 PM

I have had the same experience. Using the platinum fletch tite, the jig has to be set up very precisely to fletch Blazers with a significant helical. But it works well once you get the jig dialed in. The setup becomes even more critical on the small diameter shafts.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

I had the same problem with my bitz jig with a straight clamp. I switched to the bohning tower jig and no problems at all with the fletch tight platinum. The bohning jig also works great if you have to replace on fletch only too. they other two fletches just line up perfectly in using their jig.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a similar setup (blazers with a Switchback and gold tips) - though I use a Blitz... w/ right helical to fletch.

The glue that I use is made by Arizona Archery - comes in an orange and white tube . It's always worked great for me.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

You can also get the aee fastset gel,which is basiclly super glue gel,works great for me for years now.

Quick Reply: Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.