Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Problems Fletching Blasers - pics >

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Help, I'm having problems keeping my blazer vanes glued to my arrows. I'm using a Arizona EZ Fletch with Easton Axis arrows. I've tried two cements - Fast fletch and Fletch Tite Platinum. I've tried lightly sanding the shafts, cleaning them with alcohol(91%), and even an evaporating dregreeser. I bought some stick on wraps, but I still have problems with the vanes popping off when I shoot. I'm shooting a whisker biscuit with a Switchback bow that is tuned up and shooting good groups at 30 yards. I think the fetching is clearing all the bow parts. I had very little of this problem when I was using 4" feathers (I recently switched to Blazer Vanes) I've included some pics. Some times the vane pops totally off, other times it comes off from the front. One time it came loose from the back. Both the index and the hen feathers have popped off. Does any one know a solution - I've thinking I need a new jig. My wife did use my carbon EZ fletch on aluminums. To put more pressure on the vanes, I tried clamping a spring clamp while the glue was setting up but that just pushed the fletching out of alignment. This is driving me crazy

Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

The problem is the glue you are using get some Super Glue Gel
Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

The problem is the glue you are using get some Super Glue Gel
I had the same problem at first with my blazers... No problem now that I use Super Glue Gel... Just them them dry good 20-30 seconds, and you will cure the problem. Not to mention save you some money.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 PM

i kinda had the same problem..what i am using is fletch tite platinum
what i did was clean she shafts and blazers w/ alcohol prep pads.
so far no problems at all
i know you said you cleaned ur shafts w/ alcohol.but did you whip the blazers aswell? if not try that, and the wraps to
thats what i do now.like i said no problems at all.many shots through my w/b
otto
Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Yes. I did clean the vanes as well as the wraps - which removed the way cool skull graphic(bummer). Do you guys mean super glue gel that you buy at the hardware store? and this would solve all my problems?

I am also wondering if its the helical/6 degree offset I've got on my EZ fletch? Bazers recommends a 2 degree offset. Is the stiff vane going through the biscuit at more off an offset putting too much pressure on it?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you guys mean super glue gel that you buy at the hardware store?
Yep thats exactly the stuff

I dont use Blazers but do use Duravane Predators ( basicly the same thing) and I have the AEF and have no trouble at all with the 6 degree helical.

What you might have to do for the WB tho is once the vane is on add a drop of glue to the front of the vanes.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tip guys, I'm going to pick some up on my way to town today!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I had the same problem with blazers too. I now use Loctite super glue gel. And it's so much cheeper that the stuff at the pro shop.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

AAE Fast Set Gel. I like this stuff.

The WB isn't helping either.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:53 AM

dont forget to add a generous drop of glue to the front and rear of the vane......the stiff bristles of the biscuit tend to wear on them.

Quick Reply: Problems Fletching Blasers - pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.