Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

speed vs ke

Old 11-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Default RE: speed vs ke

Straightarrow

How old are you 7 are 8. I guess by the way you talk. When your losing you go to name calling are say some thing like this what a child. No way!. I don't want to be suffering from a shoulder hit if I jump the string. Pull out a "log" and get it over with quick. Im done with this post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

Okay... but I'll borrow an arrow from bowdoc to do it. [/blockquote]

No way!. I don't want to be suffering from a shoulder hit if I jump the string. Pull out a "log" and get it over with quick.
Nah. Don't want to do any serious damage to ya.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arty I am notcontradicting myself you just are notlistening very good. In 40 years I have killed a lot of animals with many different weight arrows so I have an idea what the difference is. Once again how many animals have you shot with arrows weighing less than 400 grains?? I know you wouldn't diss something that you haven't personally tried

Dan
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please tell me some more about your 'experience', MeanV... I mean it's so fascinating.

I killed a few rabbits with willow switch arrows back in the 50's that probably weighed less than 400 grains, but I was only about 5 or 6 years old at the time. By the time I was 10, which was still 6 years before Allen got his patent on the compound bow, I was shooting 45 pounds and store-bought cedar arrows, which I would guess weighed up around 500 grains but I'd never heard of anything like grain scales back then, so I don't have a clue what they weighed.

Anyway, I believe I can truthfully say 400 grain arrows won't keep kids out of the woods if they really want to, as your compadre bowdoc is trying to say. Darn sure didn't keep ME from it.

I've spent my whole life shooting and hunting with bows and arrows, as well as with guns, and I'm sure there's precious little about archery I don't know or haven't tried. But thanks for asking.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I've spent my whole life shooting and hunting with bows and arrows, as well as with guns, and I'm sure there's precious little about archery I don't know or haven't tried. But thanks for asking.
And I haven't? O!! I never did the Gun thingAlways felt deadly enough with a Bow. Sounds like you have never given lighter weight arrows a chance.

O I forgot, you are too smart for thatIn regards to one of your other posts, calling people ignorant because they don't agree with your experience uh, er I mean readings hardly makes them ignorant and doesn't say much for you

Dan
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really don't know what you've done or haven't done and I could care less. You're one to gripe about attitude though. I manage to return the same kind of respect I get when posting. Keep that in mind. If you can't take the heat, you better not be lighting the fire.

See, I no longer shoot for a company, don't represent any product, so I am free to tell it like I think it is. Speaking of which, does Bowtech know about and support your disrespectful attitude on a public forum to a potential customer just because he disagrees with your choice of arrow weights and recommends something different? Call me 'Artie' one more time and I'll be sending off a few e-mails containing my complaint and the link to this thread.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

Straightarrow

How old are you 7 are 8. I guess by the way you talk. When your losing you go to name calling are say some thing like this what a child. No way!. I don't want to be suffering from a shoulder hit if I jump the string. Pull out a "log" and get it over with quick. Im done with this post
What the heck? Name calling? Losing? 7 or 8 by the way I talk? You've got to be kidding! You can't write a coherent sentence, and you say that! We all know you can't write, but can you read? It was a bit of sarcastic humor, not name calling. Let me know if you need that explained too.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mr. Arthur PYou call a few of us ignorant? and tout all your experience of which doesn't include killing animals with arrows weighing less than 400 grains orat least you won't tell of all the failures you know would happen,and I am the one who has a disrespectful attitude?? I respect if you want to shoot 800 grain arrows with brass inserts and 200 grain broadheads, just don't tell me my 350 grain missiles are in the least bit less deadly or accurate. I am only 28" draw and only shoot 60# hardly stats that most don't exceedEnjoy your KoolAid. I am through arguing with you it's a waste of my time and effort.

Dan
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

You call a few of us ignorant? and tout all your experience...
WHAT?!!? Let me see... Hasn't it been a couple of guys calling themselves bowdoc and MeanV2 prissing about this thread for the past few days bragging about their 40+ years of experience and the hundreds of animals they claim to have killed? If you'll look back at the thread, I believe you'll see nobody said a word about experience until you two, and I've only mentioned it once, about 5-6 posts back, in direct response to your question.

Ignorance is as ignorance does. Not only have you two refused to accept any new information about arrow design, you have been actively mocking it. Lack of education = ignorance. I used the word appropriately. Oh, but there I go tryin' to educate you again. My apologies. [8D]

Ain't drinkin' no KoolAid.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 AM

You guys have gotten out of control here.

Quick Reply: speed vs ke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.