Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve >

fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve

Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM

Default fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve

recently purchased first bow, a 60lb hoyt game master recurve, i have decked it out with quiver ,sights,stabilizer etc,etc now i got cat whisker string silencers for it and was wondering what is the correct way to fit them?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve

ORIGINAL: the gamemaster

recently purchased first bow, a 60lb hoyt game master recurve, i have decked it out with quiver ,sights,stabilizer etc,etc now i got cat whisker string silencers for it and was wondering what is the correct way to fit them?
Holy cow, 60lb first bow. Thats pretty heavy for a first bow. My recurve is only 55lb. You really wantto be able to hold for 20sec and still make an accurate shot. But none of my business.But anyway, to your question, you want to try different combos. Measure your string and divide by 4 and then 3. Try placing the cat whiskers 1/4 from the nock grooves, then try 1/3 of the way from the nock grooves. Maybe even try a combo of 1/4 the lenght from the top and 1/3 from bottom. I hear of people doing that but never tried it, figured it would mess with my tiller.

I separate the string stands and insert the whiskers thru. I then use braided serving to tie the whiskers in. Just several overhand knots back and forth, and followed by double overhand knot.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another way of finding the sweet spot for silencers... String up your bow and sit in front of your computer. Find a web page with a light background. Hold the bow up in front of the monitor, so the string is backlit. Then twang the string and you'll get a strobe effect from the monitor so you can see the string oscillations. Do it in several spots on each end, and you'll see the highest point of oscillation. That's the best spot to put your silencers.

And yes, I DO have too much time on my hands. [8D]
Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Another way of finding the sweet spot for silencers... String up your bow and sit in front of your computer. Find a web page with a light background. Hold the bow up in front of the monitor, so the string is backlit. Then twang the string and you'll get a strobe effect from the monitor so you can see the string oscillations. Do it in several spots on each end, and you'll see the highest point of oscillation. That's the best spot to put your silencers.

And yes, I DO have too much time on my hands.
Art with that much time on your hands come over and help me out, you don't live that far away. .. Art, did you ever sell your house?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep. Sold out and moved. Still working on getting settled though. Next time I move is gonna be when they haul me outta here in a pine box.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Next time I move is gonna be when they haul me outta here in a pine box.
I'll be away that week end so ya gonna have to find some other people to haul the pine box out[8D]
Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Next time I move is gonna be when they haul me outta here in a pine box.
I'll be away that week end so ya gonna have to find some other people to haul the pine box out[8D]
I'll help, but your gonna have to use two boxes...
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

My dear, dear friends....
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Art.

Dont forget I have met ya, Bob hasn'tso he dont have a clue on what he just volenteered himself for

Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

And yes, I DO have too much time on my hands. [8D]
No kiddin, never thought of that. Have to give it a try.

Quick Reply: fitting cat whiskers to hoyt gamemaster recurve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.