HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   back tension release (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/2143-back-tension-release.html)

c4extrem 01-17-2002 07:11 PM

back tension release

I need to purchase one
any suggestion's
thanks greg

Big Country 01-17-2002 07:47 PM

RE: back tension release

[STANISLAWSKI!red][/red]

Big Country 01-17-2002 07:49 PM

Well, that did`nt print like I thought it would. Stanislawski makes great back tension releases.

OHarcher 01-17-2002 07:57 PM

I'll second the Stanislawski's.I own 7 or 8 of them,Stan111's,Mirages,Sahara's,X-Calibers.They are a fantastic release.

c4extrem 01-17-2002 08:22 PM

thanks alot
Iam ordering, stan mirage tomorrow
this should be a good start on tp recovery
thanks again
greg
ps big country try out the carbon 4 runner extreme if you get a chance it's short but very stable

Edited by - c4extrem on 01/17/2002 21:27:27

Martin Man 01-17-2002 08:38 PM

Greg,
Mine is a Truball Chappy Boss. I have nothing but good things to say about it. A truly excellent release.

Some of the other top shooters in the area shoot Carter releases, the insatiable for one, and they have nothing but good things to say about them.

None of these are cheap, so if you can try some first, it might not be a bad thing.

Good luck!!

Black Frog 01-17-2002 08:46 PM

Stan's are great releases, as well as Truball.

I've been a big fan of Carter releases for some time. The Atension and the Insatiable have the exact same grip, but one is a thumb trigger release and the other is a pure back tension style.

By having both releases I can go between the two and have the same feel in my hand, but different styles of releases.

Great products (but they ain't cheap....)

www.releaseaid.com

Edited by - Black Frog on 01/17/2002 21:47:36

c4extrem 01-17-2002 08:57 PM

Martin Man
my hca rep is a carter rep Ill give him a call he lives within 1hour
I will look into all mfg for later purchaces
I can get stanislawski by monday to get started
for a 1st timer on back tension release
with truball would you suggest? i noticed one had a safe fire trigger

Shane Friesen 01-17-2002 08:59 PM

Truball and Carter are my favorite back tension releases. I currently shoot a Carter Insatiable with great results. Try out a few first to see which one you prefer. Like mentioned before these are not cheap so make sure you choose the one that best fits you before you buy it.

Martin Man 01-17-2002 09:08 PM

Greg,

Since I haven't needed a new release in about 3 years, I can't give great info on prices. Try going to their website www.truball.com. I have talked to the Summers family several times (Ben et al.) and they are very customer oriented. If you drop them an e-mail, I'm sure that they will be happy to help. Make sure that you let them know what size of hand you have (small, medium or large). My hand is small and has no problem fitting my Chappy Boss.