Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Jigs?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fletching Jigs?

Eveyone,

Thanks. I think I have narrowed it down to either the Bitzenberger or the EZ-Arizona. Anyone used the EZ Arizona? I kind of like the fact that I can do all three flethings at once on the EZ! However, I beleive the Bit will be more accurate. I don't shoot pro only at deer and backyard targets but I do like to be able to shoot tight groups. Any thoughts the Blitz or EZ??? Too many choices, I am glad I have it down to two now.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM

I would get the Bitz any day over the EZ Arizona.If I remeber correctly the EZ is made of plastic.When you get glue on your fletching jig and it will happen know matter what jig it is or how long you've been fletching arrows you are going to have to scrape the glue off of your clamp or jig.All I can say is ametal jig like the bitz is going to stand up over time and the plastic will wear out.As for the jojan I would go with the single fletcher if was going to buy a jojan,and as far as there multi fletcher goes I was going to buy one and the guy at my buy shop showed me what they use for making arrows for some of the locale kids camps they use the jojan mutli fletcher because they can spin a bunch out real fast but from what he showed me they did not seem to line the fletches up from arrow to arrow.I would get the Bitz I know it may take a little longer but sometimesfor the best results you have to pay a little more and invest a little more time to be happy with the end result.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 PM

guntercb I also thought about getting a EZ fletcher and decided against it when I talked with my bowshop they said they would work but the main complaint from there custmors was that when you try to close the jig the feathers will slide up sometimes.The reason for this is becausealot of the jigs that let you put on all 3 vanes or on feathers atthe sametime canfletchmore than one length of vane .So think of it like this if the jig can accomidatea 5inchvane for the largest size it allows you to use,but if you are going to use 4 inch vanes now you have room for one of the vanes to slide up.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Wade,

Hum, I am currently shooting 5" feathers and will probuably continue to do so. So I probubaly would not have the issue of the fletching moving up if I use the EZ.

As far as the blitz cost I am not too worried about it. I plan to have it forever. So I will get my money worth. Paying the shop to refletch is getting expensive. (-:

Cheers,
Chris
Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 PM

I think you will be better off going with the Bitz if you are not worried about the cost.My Bowshop pretty much just stocks the Bitz and the martin jig it is also plastic.If I were you and wanted something thats going to last I would get the Bitz.My Bowshop does not stock them because they are more money and because there profit on them is higher,they are real honest people at my bow shop and look out for the customer over making a big sale.