Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 adjusting bow to specs >

adjusting bow to specs

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

adjusting bow to specs

Old 10-21-2007, 07:39 AM

Default adjusting bow to specs

Hi all, i have a darton bow i just bought, the specs of the bow according to darton are, a to a 35 and brace height 7 1/2 i measured everything and the bow measures 34 3/4 a to a and 7 3/4 brace height, should i take some twist out of the string and cables to get the bow into specs, i'am asking because the draw length seems off and the bow doesnt feel like it has 80% let off, thanks for any help guys
Old 10-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: adjusting bow to specs

I don't know for sure what your problem is with draw length and let-off, but a quarter inch in brace and/or A-to-A isn't the cause of it.

I'd check and make sure you got the right cams or modules for the draw length and let-off you want. That'd be my first guess.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: adjusting bow to specs

I am not 100% sure about the Darton bows but the ATA that many manufacturers list on their "marketing" web site is an average for the various draw length combinations they offer. Hoyt for example may list a bow as being 36" ATA but if you look at their tune charts the actual ATA for a particular draw length or cam size may vary by up to 1/4".

As for the letoff issue, a hybrid cam (I assume that is what is on your Darton, a CPS or variant of that), can feel as if the letoff is not what it should be if the cams are out of time or under rotated. You really need a draw board to check this or have your local pro shop check the cam timing for you.