HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/212793-whisker-biscuit-inaccuracy.html)

ParkerTrailblazer 10-18-2007 06:24 PM

Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

Does anyone else think their Whisker Biscuit is making their groups inconsistent? I have noticed my groups have spread out since I switched to a whisker biscuit. I only switched because my old fall away broke, and because I didn't have the money to get a decent fall away. Anyways I have been looking at the QAD ultra hunter fall away rest. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

TFOX 10-18-2007 06:36 PM

RE: Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

I am not a WB fan but if you are suffering from accuracy problems after switching to it.I am going to lean toward a setup problem which is the main problem I have with them.

One of the problems might be that your arrows aren't nocked the same and you are getting more contact with the stiff bristles on some shot more than others.

If you are shooting broadheads and have a spine issue,the WB will magnify it.

passthru79 10-18-2007 06:58 PM

Good suggestions TFOX, one thing it could be also is if its the wrong size bisquite for your arrow. If its a large whole with a small arrow you could get alot of slop in there.

ParkerTrailblazer 10-18-2007 07:07 PM

Well when I shoot my arrows the cock feather is always straight up so none of the feathers hit the black in the WB. And as far as the set up problem I don't know what it would be. Bought the WB from the local Sport shop and had them install it. The size is for carbon arrows.

mobow 10-18-2007 07:13 PM

Are you shooting helical or offset? I'm also betting it's a tuning issue....While I'm not a fan, I haven't see the rest be the SOLE issue to accuracy problems....

ParkerTrailblazer 10-18-2007 07:22 PM

Im shooting offset vanes.

treboryerf 10-18-2007 07:42 PM

The arrow stays in contact with the rest longer than on a drop away which will magnify any form inconsistancies and tunning problems.

Rick James 10-18-2007 08:05 PM

Your issue isn't with the Whisker Biscuit.

loogout1 10-18-2007 08:45 PM

Unless your form is perfect or at least very very consistent, no tork, good follow through etc., the whisker biscuit will magnify any problems you might have. This happens because the arrow is in contact with the wb for the entire length of the arrow. Any slight movement before the arrow clears the rest will affect its trajectory. With a drop away, once you let the string go, the arrow is on its way unimpeded. I shot a wb for years and loved it, but once I switched to a drop away my groupstightened big time and that was that.

Rick James 10-18-2007 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Unless your form is perfect or at least very very consistent, no tork, good follow through etc., the whisker biscuit will magnify any problems you might have. This happens because the arrow is in contact with the wb for the entire length of the arrow. Any slight movement before the arrow clears the rest will affect its trajectory. With a drop away, once you let the string go, the arrow is on its way unimpeded. I shot a wb for years and loved it, but once I switched to a drop away my groupstightened big time and that was that.
Your arrow is still attached to the string even if the rest has dropped. This still will affect the arrows flight if you tweak the bow somehow.......with or without rest contact during the shot execution that string can and will move. Add in the fact that the string is much further than the pivot point (grip) any movement will be exaggerated by the string as compared to the rest (simple lever principle).

Add in the fact that 99% of dropaways are setup so they drop in the last 1/2" to 3/4" of the draw cycle........and if you video tape 50 shots from the average shooter they are going to creep anywhere from 1/16 to 1/4" on probably 25%+ of their shots without even knowing it. Knowing this creep happens to even world class shooters, is more common when hunting conditions often prevent you from perfect shooting form, and that it makes the rest move.......how does this affect your arrow on that drop away that moves the last 1/2" of the draw cycle when you creep?

If you noticed an improvement in your shooting when going to adropaway from a biscuit it was purely the mental side of the game because you had convinced yourself that you have found the solution. ;)[8D]