Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy! >

Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

I think the wisker is great!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Id hate to say it but its not the whisker biscuit. I have won many 3d shoots and archery leagues shooting one. One thing I would look for on it is to make sure that the hole in the "biscuit" is just slightly larger then your arrows
Old 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of truth RickJames but the WB has contact even after it has left the string but a drop away or conventional rest does not,if setup properly.
IMO,this is kind of the difference between a reflex riser and a deflex riser,small amount but it makes a difference imo.BUT,the difference is a shooters error and not the rest.Just a matter of forgiveness.

If I creep with my fallaway, it won't make a difference because it is setup to be forgiving to creep,I have checked with creep tuning but you are right,some setups are not forgiving to it.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Site Bouncer

I would start from scratch and re-set it up again. Too many people shoot the Whisker Biscuit and suffer no accuracy problems to arbitrarily blame it on the rest.

Somethings not right, do some basic tuning and I bet the problem will surface. I'd start with a simple walk back tune to get your center shot correct, make sure the biscuit is installed level and square to the bow as well as theproper center shot. Check to be sure the hole opening is correct for the size arrows you are shooting...when in doubt go one size bigger. I also like to start with an even tiller and level nock then adjust from there.

Good luck with it, once set up it will give you years of trouble free service.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 AM

Does anyone else think their Whisker Biscuit is making their groups inconsistent?
Not here. My groups are as good as they've ever been. However, it's not why a shoot one. I use it because, it's practically indestructable, reliable, durable and quiet (both on the draw and on the shot). It's great because the arrow won't fall off or make noise when the arrow gets bumped. If I need a second shot, the arrow can be loaded quickly and quietly. It does so many things well that a hunter appreciates while hunting.

Are there better rests for target shooting? Probably, but I always make my choices based on the advantages while hunting. Even if it were proven beyond doubt that is was a less forgiving rest, I would still use it and without a second thought.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Risking the wrath of the WB crowd, I must say there is no one rest that will work perfectly for everybody. That includes the WB. If it's not allowing you to shoot up to your usual standards, then get rid of it and pick another rest.

I'm still using my old GKF Golden Premier prong rest. It's ancient, as arrow rests go, but it hasn't given me a single reason to even try to find something better.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm still using my old GKF Golden Premier prong rest. It's ancient, as arrow rests go, but it hasn't given me a single reason to even try to find something better.
...and here I thought I was the only left shooting this "relic"....

My thoughts tend to mirror many of the others here. I have set up thousands of WBs on various bows. I cannot think of one occasion where a tuned WB caused someone to shoot worse than either a conventional rest or a drop-away.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Uhhh, ok.
ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Unless your form is perfect or at least very very consistent, no tork, good follow through etc., the whisker biscuit will magnify any problems you might have. This happens because the arrow is in contact with the wb for the entire length of the arrow. Any slight movement before the arrow clears the rest will affect its trajectory. With a drop away, once you let the string go, the arrow is on its way unimpeded. I shot a wb for years and loved it, but once I switched to a drop away my groupstightened big time and that was that.
Your arrow is still attached to the string even if the rest has dropped. This still will affect the arrows flight if you tweak the bow somehow.......with or without rest contact during the shot execution that string can and will move. Add in the fact that the string is much further than the pivot point (grip) any movement will be exaggerated by the string as compared to the rest (simple lever principle).

Add in the fact that 99% of dropaways are setup so they drop in the last 1/2" to 3/4" of the draw cycle........and if you video tape 50 shots from the average shooter they are going to creep anywhere from 1/16 to 1/4" on probably 25%+ of their shots without even knowing it. Knowing this creep happens to even world class shooters, is more common when hunting conditions often prevent you from perfect shooting form, and that it makes the rest move.......how does this affect your arrow on that drop away that moves the last 1/2" of the draw cycle when you creep?

If you noticed an improvement in your shooting when going to adropaway from a biscuit it was purely the mental side of the game because you had convinced yourself that you have found the solution. [8D]
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

...and here I thought I was the only left shooting this "relic"....

My thoughts tend to mirror many of the others here. I have set up thousands of WBs on various bows. I cannot think of one occasion where a tuned WB caused someone to shoot worse than either a conventional rest or a drop-away.
There's at least 3 of us then; my 3D bow still wears one.

Everyone has covered the topic pretty darn well so I've got nothing to add that hasn't been said by TFOX, Rick James, BigJ or Straight. Excellent explanation of the effects of torque at the string Matt.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The GKF premier was probably one of the best rest ever,I even have one that I made into a fallaway.[8D]

But I am not using them anymore.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.