Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATA tolerance

Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Spike

Default ATA tolerance

I have an Elite Synergy. I've noticed that my ATA is 33.5 instead of the approximate 33.25 recommended. My brace height is also about 1/8" longer than advertised. The limb bolts are 1/4 turn from max. I have two string leaches on the string and each cable. I also have a CSS and a Simms cable slide on it. I have been having inconsistent peep rotation along with excessive noise. How much deviation from spec is acceptable and could this be affecting my peep and noise issues? I'd like to avoid changing strings until after hunting season. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ATA tolerance

I don't worry about ATA until it's at least 3/4" longer than it's supposed to be and don't usually do anything about it until it's a full inch. It's odd that your brace is longer than spec as well though. Usually it will be lower than spec when your ATA has gotten too long. But at only 1/4" on the length and 1/8" on brace height, you're in fine shape. Whatever other issues you've got, those are not the problem.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Spike

Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought but I've never really paid attention to this stuff before. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't worry about those differences. If they get larger then you have a string/cable issue to fix and a couple twists will likely fix it.