Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How's BigJ's Form? >

How's BigJ's Form?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How's BigJ's Form?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Site Bouncer

Default How's BigJ's Form?

I posted these pictures on mus stang's thread but I don't want to highjack it so here they are .....

If anyone would like to critique me please do so, I'm always looking for pointers.......but be nice or I'll bust you up!! J/K.....no not really.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: How's BigJ's Form?

Remember...I'm watching, no bad posts. I wouldn't want you to somehow fall and hurt yourself.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Site Bouncer

Say something nice....or I'm laying the SMACK DOWN!!!!
Just kidding, you can be honest......as long as it's nice.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe a little too much palm touching the bow and it looks like in that last picture your turning a turd.....

Frank Belgium.....
Old 10-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, even if someone else here posts otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing unless you really want to get into competitive shooting. Your grip could be tweaked a tiny bit but it's not necessary for what you do with a bow andI really think everything looks pretty darn good. It's unusual for a guy of your size to be coordinated enough to really setup consistently in good form but you really look VERY good for someone that hasn't worked with a coach. You havegreat repeatable reference pointson the back end, DL is perfect, etc.......as long as you can repeat what you are doing in that pic I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best I've ever seen.

[:-]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

Maybe a little too much palm touching the bow and it looks like in that last picture your turning a turd.....

Frank Belgium.....
Thanks Frank.

Yep I know about the palm..I shoot witha low wristgrip. It just feel right for me.

It used to be that archers were taught to use a high or medium-wrist grip when holding the bow, but if the grip on your bow will allow it you should hold a low wrist.

Now about that turd comment?

Don't have meopen a big can of SMACK DOWN on ya. J/K
Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Me too Matt...the best.[:-]

John, I agree with RJ, looks really good. Maybe, a tweek in the grip but looks really good. Maybe the release could be shortened a tad, I can't tell where you finger might lay across the trigger.

Keep up the great work...

And for the record...the second pic is more intimidating than the third. [8D]
Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Me too Matt...the best.[:-]

John, I agree with RJ, looks really good. Maybe, a tweek in the grip but looks really good. Maybe the release could be shortened a tad, I can't tell where you finger might lay across the trigger.

Keep up the great work...

And for the record...the second pic is more intimidating than the third. [8D]
Thanks all for the comments, they are all welcome. Rob, I have actually been experimenting with the release length, it feels pretty good now and my finger lays on the trigger right about in the middle. I'll keep tweaking it.

That's my old "can I see some ID" bouncer look for the old days working the clubs in Chicago.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Honestly, even if someone else here posts otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing unless you really want to get into competitive shooting. Your grip could be tweaked a tiny bit but it's not necessary for what you do with a bow andI really think everything looks pretty darn good. It's unusual for a guy of your size to be coordinated enough to really setup consistently in good form but you really look VERY good for someone that hasn't worked with a coach. You havegreat repeatable reference pointson the back end, DL is perfect, etc.......as long as you can repeat what you are doing in that pic I wouldn't change a thing.
Thanks RJ...I appreciate your input. Yep, you guessed it. I've never had any coaching and all I do is hunt no competition (does it really show?)[&:].

I feel that I have solid anchor points and I'm able to repeat them even in different shooting positions so I'm sticking with them. I feel pretty comfortable and my shootings been pretty good....well for me.

Thanks all and keep the suggestions comming.....nice ones.

Quick Reply: How's BigJ's Form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.