Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How's BigJ's Form? >

How's BigJ's Form?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How's BigJ's Form?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How's BigJ's Form?

Looks excelent , now put a string on that thing , and get rid of the rubber band
Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

like i said before i think you anchor too high on your face and your elbow is bent way up.....also i dont see any muscle tune in that body....it looks like it is flabby fat not muscles.....lol...
Thats because, your form follows what most people on there your age follows. And thats the denial that they have shorter draw than they think. Reason most likes that long draw is, most of the time they are overbowed, and feel more comfortable lockedway back. Just my opinion.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM

if i anchor higher on my face it will look like big j on his face....i anchor lower giving the illusion effect that the draw is longer....i anchor lower because i like to lock into a position...it holds more steedier..over bowed i dont even struggle with 70# it is almost too easy....i can pull back smooth and drop down smooth i can shoot 70 all day long..trust me i have done that alot
Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

.....also i dont see any muscle tune in that body....it looks like it is flabby fat not muscles.....lol...

Yeah....I'm 42 years old and playedO-line in the NFL, I used to bench press WELL over 575lbs...and did it all clean. But I'm very much interested in your work out schedule, judging bythe pic of your arm(I think)you posted....yours looks like it's working well......sigh.....

Anyway back to BigJ's form......

Looks excelent , now put a string on that thing , and get rid of the rubber band
ijimmy,

I don't think I will be removing the tubing anytime soon. I know I will probably never have an issue with a quality string and no tubing but I just rather be safe than sorry. The new Mathews actually come with pretty good strings now.

IMHO tube style peeps if installed correctly will provide you with a safe and reliable means to be sure your peep will be aligned everytime you draw your bow. There are some things to consider when installing your tube style peep.

Most problems folks have with tube style peeps is they (the tubes) are installed incorrectly, it should be just short enough to align the peep. You shouldalso install your peep as you would if you were using a tubeless peep. Set it so that it aligns when you draw, the tubingshould only be there to make sure it's perfectly aligned when you draw.

Lots of people just stick the peep in and make the tube do all of the work pulling it into position, that's not how you are supposed to install them. No wonder why they break on people. Tubing too short, tubingtoo old and improperly positioned peep is a recipe for failure.

Even the best made strings/cables can creep especially in extreme weather changes/conditions. All it takes is a 1/4 turn and you can't see through it, with the tube attached this will never happen.

Change your tube at least twice a year. I change mine once before hunting season and once after.It's only afew dollars...won't break the bank and takes awhole 30 seconds to install.

As far as thereasons why folks don't like them....I'll address.

1. Slows down the bow.... Yes it will but not enough to be concerned with. I measured (Chrono) a loss of 4 fps with a tube style peep.

2. Tube style peeps are loud..... Well that all depends on what you consider loud? Will the bow be louder with the tube on vs off? yes but my bow is still very quiet, quiet enough over the years to have killed many deer even at the closest of ranges. I think this is overblown if you ask me.

3. The tube can snap back and take an eye out......Thishas got to bethe most exaggerated statement about tube style peeps. If installed correctly with the proper length the tube (if it did indeed break) it will not have enough energy to even make it back to the string with much energy much less enough to put your eye our or even hurt it for that matter...I know because I tested the theory...yes with my own eyeand neverwas hurt, notone bit. I tested how the tube would fly back at many different lengths and tensions, none were concerning. In fact most of the time the tube stopped at the string.

So there you have it, in a nut shell why I use a tube style peep.

OK...Now back to BigJ's form...... really.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing I would dare comment on is the bow forearm.

You need to turn the wrist and forearm out(actually pointed down)but leave the elbow the way it is.

That should take care of the grip.

Other than that,I see NOTHING wrong.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The only thing I would dare comment on is the bow forearm.

You need to turn the wrist and forearm out(actually pointed down)but leave the elbow the way it is.

That should take care of the grip.

Other than that,I see NOTHING wrong.
Thanks TFOX, I think after the season I will try a different grip position, I'm just so used to a low grip I don't want to change anything majornow, just little tweeks here and there.

Thanks again for looking and postingI appreciate it.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like I said,the forearm being rotated should address the grip as well,I don't care if you use a low or high wrist style,that is your choice.

Gone for the weekend,see ya
Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Like I said,the forearm being rotated should address the grip as well,I don't care if you use a low or high wrist style,that is your choice.

Gone for the weekend,see ya
Oh...so I can actually keep the low grip and still rotate the forearm?? That's not too major, I'll give that a try and see how it feels. Thanks to all...no need for me to BUST anyone up........you're lucky
Old 10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your form is good to me , cuz i don't want smackdown visiting my house . Is that a real M1 garand on the wall .... i'm jealous .
Old 10-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk

Your form is good to me , cuz i don't want smackdown visiting my house . Is that a real M1 garand on the wall .... i'm jealous .
Yep and a Smith Corona 03A3 below it. You should visit the gun forms, I've posted lots of pictures of many different firearms.You may have to look back a few pages but they are there.

Anyway back to the smackdown at hand!!

Quick Reply: How's BigJ's Form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.