Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow grouping

Old 10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default arrow grouping

Ok so I just got a new bowtech tribute and was wounder how close I should be able to shoot the arrows together. I have decent form and have been geting like with in 3in of each other every time at 20yards. What should I do to tighten up my group. Also how do you guys practice I want to know like everything that could make me into a really good shooter.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Default RE: arrow grouping

Ever heard the saying, "Aim small miss small"? It's one of myfavorites.I buy those 1" orange circles and use those for my targets. Also, pulling too much weight back will make your accuracy suffer. There are others but those two come to mind first.

Also, don't be your own judge as far as the form issue goes. If you can, post a pic on here of you shooting and let some of these guys critique you.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Spike

With a little practice you should be able to do better than that. This is a 40 yd group that i shot yesterday.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...100607_002.jpg
Old 10-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pictures would be great and video of multiple shots would be better.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey taylor nice shooting,but can you group like that without a dot to shoot at,like on a 3-d target by picking a spot just like a real hunting situation.that is the key to being able to make those shots on a live deer is picking a spot when there is no spot on your target.I believe this is the main reason people miss or make bad shots.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Spike

I know that that bow can put an arrow within a quarter sizespot every time... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

Hey taylor nice shooting,but can you group like that without a dot to shoot at,like on a 3-d target by picking a spot just like a real hunting situation.that is the key to being able to make those shots on a live deer is picking a spot when there is no spot on your target.I believe this is the main reason people miss or make bad shots.
I agree. I did some fine tuning this weekend to my bow and shot at 40 yds and shot my broadheads at 40 yds also. When i shot that group i had to take a picture. Hopefully this weekend i can report back with a pic of my arrow in a deer.

treboryerf, i use to shoot 3d tournaments and i agree, its harder to shoot an unknown distance at an animal.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read a post here on huntingnet the other day and it basically said that when trying to judge grouping sizes to use a 10 to 1 ratio. For every 10 yards, you should be grouping arrows in a 1 inch circle. So, for 30 yards a 3 inch circle or for 40 yards a 4 inch circle.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Work on your Form , don't torque the bow by gripping to hard . Relax and follow your shot through .

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to be good practice every day you can , I like to practice sitting and knealing also

Quick Reply: arrow grouping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.