Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech >

Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

with that many twists in the string, how did it affect your draw length?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Twists were in the cables not the string but I was installing new cables and getting them adjusted into spec so it didn't effect the draw length at all once I had the poundage back where it was supposed to be. If you were twisting them up to get more preload on the limbs (increase the poundage) you'd alter the cam rotation which would effectively lengthen your draw on a 2 cam bow like yours but you could get it back by adjusting the draw stop though you wouldn't have the same let-off in the end and you'd loose some efficiency depending on the draw module you have installed; cause and effect. That's why limbs, cams/modules, cables and string all need to be matched.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 AM

For future reference, after you get it back to where you want, and have your bareshafts flying perfectly, carefully measure all the critcal specs and write them down. Diagnosing problems becomes much easier if you know your brace height, ATA, peep locatioon and string nock are exactly in the same position they were when the bow was shooting perfectly. I like to make sure my measurements are accurate to at least 1/32". Small differences in these measurements can make for a large difference in arrow flight.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jpov22

with that many twists in the string, how did it affect your draw length?
It slightly changes it, but one should do things in order. They should twist cables and strings to get things in spec, then adjust draw.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:30 AM

Thanks again. Imark everything on my bow to the location (make sure nothing moves in travel) but never tabledthe specific measurements. I'll make sure I do that this time around.

I did put on a new string and cables last night and started from scratchAfterwards. much to my surprisethe poundage was found to be at73 pounds, with 5 added twists to each cable. I did a "short" distance bare shaft test at 8 yards (the available distance inmy garage) where I found it still has a slight fishtail from left to right (not as noticeable as before) but in the same hole.More to come this evening when I can get the target outside and shoot at least 15-20 yards.

The dealer called melast night concerned about the bow, which I thought was great with some recommendations and willingness to help if I can get the bow back to him.

Does anyone recommend detailedliterature on setting up a bow from scratch, both traditional and compound?

thanks again
joe
Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Download the Easton Tuning Guide from their website.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

The dealer called melast night concerned about the bow, which I thought was great with some recommendations and willingness to help if I can get the bow back to him.
You've got yourself a great dealer there... Be sure to keep giving him your business; that's a rarity in today's world, it's sad to say.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Don't mess with it, take it to your dealer.
ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jpov22

Before I start, I love my Bowtech bow (2006 Allegiance). Been shooting at least 40 times / week throughout the pre-season and recently the limbs starting cracking. So for safety I returned the limbs through a dealer.

When I got the bow back from the dealer, Ibare shaft tested the bow and found the arrows were hitting 6 inches to the left with a HARDfishtail to the right(field point to the left / nock to the right). From what I understand this tells me the arrows are over spined (Easton superslim 300's with 100 grain point). I also measured the limb pockets to the string, and they were the same.

I had to re-align and re-setthe rest with a laser and stillhave the same result with the bare shaft test. I found the weight pulled back is only 62 pounds when the bow is cranked (70pound bow). Does anyone know what gives?

If the limbs have been replaced, should I need to re-adjust the bow this much? Why can't I get the bow back up to 70 pounds? . My broadheads group out to 50yards, but I can see the fletchings catch the arrow through my site window and REALLY bothers me.

Thanks for any help.
If your only getting 62lbs, the dealer may have untwisted your cables. Check yoru BH and ATA to see if they are in spec. If not, twist the cables to get your weight back
Old 10-05-2007, 05:36 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: willyd5

Don't mess with it, take it to your dealer.
This is a techie forum willy. I found out the only way you can ever learn is to screw it up from time to time. Just my 2cents.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry
This is a techie forum willy. I found out the only way you can ever learn is to screw it up from time to time. Just my 2cents.
Ain't that the truth!? Our motto for this forum should be something along the lines of; "If it ain't broke, #$@* with it 'til it is, then learn how to fix it."

Quick Reply: Someone PLEASE help with my Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.