Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 paper tune prob with sight >

paper tune prob with sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tune prob with sight

Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM

Default paper tune prob with sight

I have a Tombcat with whiskerbiscut and extreme sight. If i move my biscut over to where it shoots through paper rightthe sights won't move over far enough to the left. I took it to a shop and they moved the biscut back to the right and it shot fine but got home and it wasnt shooting right again. Its very hard to tune but the best place on paper is to the left. The usual guy wasnt at the shop it was a kid. What am I doing wrong?[]Season starts monday.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:40 PM

Default RE: paper tune prob with sight

paper tuning is best for making sure your rest is not off up or down..... you need to shoot at diff distances at a vertical line on a target....i just responded to your onther post on how to do this...though if it shoot good at the shop and not at home you might also be gripping it different...
Old 10-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Default RE: paper tune prob with sight

I had what sounds like the exact same problem with a 2007 Bowtech Tribute that I bought about 6 weeks ago. If you were to look back on this forum 4-6 weeks ago, you would see my thread with the same problem. After about 4 trips back to my dealer during which I finally convinced them that the only way the bow would shoot true through paper was with the rest all the way over to the left, they realized that the bow had a problem. They said the cams were out of alignment and they gave me a new Tribute that works perfectly with the rest centered on the riser and it paper tuned to perfections and shoots great. My dealer got new limbs (with new cams) for my 1st tribute, rebuilt the bow, and now has it shooting to perfection and is using it as a demo. In other words, the cams and limbs were the problem. He also said that he has seen this very problem on a number of Tomkats, but that my bow was the first time they had seen it on a Tribute. So, my advice is to take it back to the most knowledgable dealer at the shop, make sure they address the problem, and don't let them turn you away or make you think that you are the problem. Good luck.