Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrows shot into ground >

Arrows shot into ground

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrows shot into ground

Old 09-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Arrows shot into ground

I had a quick question. I just bought some new arrows and am in the process of setting up my bow for the upcoming season. My question is how much the ground comes into effect on an arrow when shot into the ground. I shot into the ground twice (not on purpose) when trying to figure out where my bow was shooting. I wondering how worried I should be about the arrow. Luckily it was only one arrow. For reference it is a
CX Maxima Hunter 250 if that helps any. Though it may not get done perfectly I am setting it up and tuning it myself which in my mind is the way to learn, trial and error. Some may argue that though. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows shot into ground

jus check it over an make sure theres no splinters an such in the carbon... ive shot dozens in the ground.. an re use them with out a problem....
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM

spin arrow while slightly bending arrow.SLIGHTLY Look for any crackes or splinters if cracked or splinters throw it away.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its just regular old dirt it shouldnt even be a concern, but if you hit rock or anything else hard the arrow might not like that too well. Shooting carbons you should always chech your arrow after you shoot it regardless of what it hits. Just a quick overlook and flex it to make sure you dont hear it crack and you will be good to go.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:18 PM

Ok, not so bad then. I was just a little worried. Thanks a bunch for all the help and replies.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:47 PM

flex the arrow listen for cracking sounds, look forfibers broke.